Highlighted

My sansa 8gb View wont turn off properly. battery life being sucked away while technically 'off'

I have a Sandisk Sansa View 8gb, bought off ebay as refurbished.

It was fine for a while then one day it was very difficult to turn on again. Usually its immediate right- you flick the switch and on it comes but now, it wont, i have to keep flicking the power switch up again and again and eventually, it does come on, this process only takes about 15 secs but its a pain and clearly something isnt right.

BUT, the main problem now and i think they are connected is that when i switch the power off, it powers down and the blue ring goes out and it says goodbye all as normal but when i turn it on again the power has gone down.

its basically not turning off properly and is still using the battery up. of course this is a disaster!

I do recall dropping it from a little height maybe this set it off? ive tried the new firmware and resetting it.

what i may do now is open it up and check the connection of the battery but anyone got any ideas or opinions?

including YOU Sansa this is your product you tell me!

thanks

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: My sansa 8gb View wont turn off properly. battery life being sucked away while technically 'off'

Responsibly recycle it and buy a new player. Preferably a new unit this time so you have a warranty.

Highlighted

Re: My sansa 8gb View wont turn off properly. battery life being sucked away while technically 'off'

I have the same problem with my Sansa player and think that the battry may be going bad. I am not sure if the battery in this unit is exchangable but I would like to know if SanDisk is capable of replacing the battery and upgrading the unit. I am not looking to purchase a new one because until now this one has always functioned well and I have recently purchased 2 sets of speakers designed for this unit.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

The View is not designed with a replacable battery like the e200 series, although their outward appearances are similar. And no, Sandisk does not do any "repair" or battery replacement on any of their devices.

If you want to try and tackle it yourself, see this post (and subsequent thread) on the ABI forums for step-by-step guidance with pictures. Note you will need a soldering iron with a fine tip, good eyes (or magnifying glass) and a steady hand. Smiley Wink