Highlighted

My brand new Sony Vaio does not recognize my sansa view

I had a heck of a weekend, I made 5 trips to Best Buy, trying to get my brand new Zune to work, but come to find out the Windows based Zune is not compatiable with Windows Vista, which I cant believe that Microsoft didnt make them compatable with each other, so I took it back and exchanged for the Sansa View I brought it home and plugged it into my computer and it says download was successful, but when I open windows media player it does not recognize it as a device so I can't drag and drop and the software or whatever downloaded I can not find anywhere on my computer....I even downloaded the new Firmware....Please help!!!! Because it is useless to me if I cannot get anything on it....

whatever1977
Highlighted

Re: My brand new Sony Vaio does not recognize my sansa view

Try the Sansa settings and change from MSC to MTP mode.

Highlighted

Ok thanks, I will try that...but, how do I do that?
Highlighted
SanDisk User

To use MSC mode (drag-and-drop):

1. Turn on View

2. Put the power switch in the hold position

3. Connect the USB cable to the View (but not to the computer)

4. While holding down the left side of the wheel, plug the USB cable into the computer.

Your View should then show up as two extra drives. The first is the View's internal storage, the second is the SD card slot on the View.

Hope this helps,

John
Highlighted

You might want to try redownloading WMP.  My home PC and Laptop detected my View fine, but my work PC would not.  They were all running XP SP2 with WMP11.  For some reason, when I reinstalled WMP on my work PC it detected the View.  Might be worth a try.

-Nicole
Highlighted

Thank you very much, I tried that and it worked!!! I am so happy after a weekend of frustration.....

krista
Highlighted

Sometimes, I get the same thing on two different computers.  I come back a few hours later and try the View and it shows up.  I think its very flaky on being recognized.  Can't tell why?  Is it the connections, cord or a combination?