My View Experience

So I recently bought one finally.  I searched for months (since Dec 2007) for one below retail.  Just my own personal habit, I dont like shovelling money to places like Best Buy, because their markup is so massive.  So I bought my view for $140 and Its the best mp3 player I have seen yet.  Combined with Rhapsody, it destroys all others.  I pay for Rhapsody to Go so I can grab whatever music I want, put it on my view and never have to own it.  Thank God.. I am so tired of the wasted hard drive space for mp3 files, and now I never have to ever own the auctual music.  Its all click and drag and If i dont like it, I delete it and its gone, without hte hassle of fearing I want to delete something I have purchased.  I have reformatted my PC so many times, and not once am I ever concerned with music back up any longer.  I let Rhapsody do all the work for me. 

Sansa View's Video quality is incredible.  I have some videos on it and they play with amazing quality.  The screen isnt so small either where you really need to strain to watch something.  

The Audio qulity is great as well.  Crystal clear and has nice bass as well.  in regards to Zune and ipod... it destroys them both.  as far as the space issue everyone throws at me when they compare it to the ipod.. well I NEVER want to own 160 gb of music files... thats almost an entire hard drive.  Cheap as they are, I dont even want a serperate hard drive in my pc just for music, what a waste.

SanDisk did a solid job on this piece of hardware.  I am buying my sister one this weekend just because i love it so much.  I gotta spread the joy. 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: My View Experience

[ Edited ]

LMAO

just to be the first one...who paid you to post that?

lol...no grats man. I'm glad you got a device that you paid for and also works great. My sansa works great too. Just FFing stuff kinda sucks sometimes. But other than that no real problems here.

Message Edited by azrael888 on 04-09-2008 01:47 PM

Sounds like it doesnt it?  Seriously, its the best mp3 player I have ever owned/used
SanDisk User

You can't win around here!  If people who love the View stay quiet, it's taken as proof that EVERYONE is having trouble, and if they sound off, they are accused of being shills. Smiley Very Happy

Well.. With any device I think that there is going to always be a level of problems people are going to have.  Just from searching though these forums, it seems like a lot of the issues are cosmetic and some softare related issues.  all in all the functionality of the View is excellent and I have upgraded to the latest firmware as well (almost immediatly).  I have yet to discover anything except for a few things I would change rather than problems.  For example: while playing a song, hitting the back button stops the song and returns you to the list rather than plays on and lets you reselect.  The proper function seems to be hitting the home button, etc.
SanDisk Fanatic

Well Prophet I agree, i spent 170.99 on this and i'm quite impressed by what Sandisk came up with. Great price for such a nice player, Good job sandisk keep goin  
SanDisk Guru

Hey, if it's working well, outstanding!  My wizened advice: DO NOT load the '.09' firmware, as it is quite problematic for most users.  Keep the earlier firmware running (I believe the '.06' firmware is available hereabouts, in the event of a problem), and all will be fine.

Keep looking here for the new firmware once SanDisk gets the kinks out of it.  This machine uses a unique processor, and the last firmware revision solved some problems, at the unexpected price of terrible power consumption.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a firmware solution, but the developers have been burning the midnight oil on new product release of the Fuze, etc. I'd lay a bet that since the last firmware release, they're being shy about letting a new release out, before running it through the paces.

Bob  Smiley Wink 

SanDisk User

Well, at least they know where they can find some beta testers who are already having problems with the old firmware...