Highlighted

My Sansa View can't start

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Sorry for my english.

So, I wanted to update my mp3 for the last firmware. I followed the manual installation explain on this page : http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/Firmware-Sansa-View-Firmware-1-03-02-Down...

But since this update, my mp3 can't start. It stay stuck on the black boot screen "SanDisk sansa".
I tryed to format it. No success. My mp3 doesn't arrive on the menu. Furthermore, my computer (Linux Ubuntu or Windows 7&8) didn't recognize it. Before this update, my computer recognize my mp3 with the MSC mode.

Thanks by advance to your help.

Highlighted

Re: My Sansa View can't start

Nobody can help me ?

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

I see 2 probable issues here:

1.) The firmware update did not complete correctly, and/or got corrupted somehow. This requires manually installing it again. But . . .

2.) Updating the firmware changes the default USB connection mode back to Auto Defect, which defaults to MTP, a problematic mode and incompatible with Linux. Also, Win 7 & 8 are probably not going to work well with this very old piece of technology.

As it is stuck on the boot screen, you can't simply change the USB mode back to MSC, which you know works well. But if you follow the manual installation instruction in the firmware post again (below), this method "forces" MSC mode so you should be able to re-install the firmware update and get back a working player.

MSC mode instructions below:

1. Turn on the View
  2. Put the device in Hold (move Hold button until orange is showing)
  3. Press and hold the Left Button
  4. Plug the 30 pin connector into the device (be sure the USB is plugged into the computer)
  5. Wait for View drive(s) to mount (don't release the Left/REW |<< button until this happens)
  6. Follow instructions above (this is incorrect; it should say below) and drag files to the View drive

For (A) AMERICAS - Download ZIP file (be sure you download the correct version for your geographical area)

For (F) EUROPE w/ FM -Download ZIP file

1. Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer. (Very important to extract this file. Simply copying the .zip [compressed] file to the player will do nothing)
  2. Once extracted, drag all files to the root directory of your Sansa View.
  3. Disconnect the Sansa View and let it restart. (see notes below)
  4. The firmware update will now begin.
  5. Once it's finish with the update, it will boot back up. Go to the main menu, then select Settings / Options > System Settings, and verify the "Version" is now 01.03.02.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Thanks to respond me. But it's worse... When I followed your instructions, I have read a message in blue telling me to connect the USB device, which I did. Then Linux detect the device and open the explorer that contained only a single file, version.txt. So, I downloaded the zip (E because I'm French), extract the contents of the archive into a folder and copy / paste files in Explorer. Finally, I disconnected the device from the computer and now I see a totally black screen...

I wanted to retry the same procedure but this time, it does not work, I do not have the message blue.

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Have you tried it with Windows?

Highlighted

Yes but it do nothing at all