Highlighted
SanDisk User

Media Converters

I am looking for a media converter that is a little more robust than what SanDisk has to offer....meaning the Sansa Media Converter.  Please give your suggestions so that all can benefit.

Go SanDisk!
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Media Converters

Any Video converter (yes that's its name) is great! You can re-encode most any video file out there, to mp4 and from that format it drags and drops right to the player. Here's the link to it: http://www.any-video-converter.com/

Best of all it's FREE!!!! also as a side note, resolution is 320x240. I can't remember if the Mp4 setting sets it at that rez or lower
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Any Vide Converter 2.1.1 seems to be a nice option for the View.  I was able to convert an .AVI and .MP4 file that played nicely on the device.  Here are the settings used:

Output Profile: 
Mobile Phone MPEG-4 (*.mp4)

Video Options (right side):

Video Codec - mpeg4
Video Size - 320x240
Video Bitrate - 512
Video Framerate - 25

Audio Options:

Audio Codec - aac
Audio Bitrate - 128
Audio Samplerate 11025

Go SanDisk!

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yeah I tried that one last night myself since I can't get SMC to not crash, it's pretty nice actually. I also heard something good about a program called SUPER but haven't tried it yet, I hear it's fantastic.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

I'll look into that one. Good to hear that it worked for you!
Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I have used Super and it does a great job but I am pretty sure it was not free.

Go SanDisk!
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

[ Edited ]
Hmm.. in that case I'd stick with AVC. Its completely FREE and has re-encoded every file i've thrown at it

Edit* one other thing, if your file is ALREADY in mp4 format, you don't need to convert it, just drag and drop Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Apix on 10-25-2007 05:20 PM
Highlighted

I'm using Any DVD software to convert a DVD.  When I try to add files there are about 20 *.VOB files on the DVD.  Are those the files I'm supposed to import in order to convert?  When I try that it tells me, "cannot read meta data of video file E:\video_TS\VTS_050.vob insert failed".  After it converts I add it to the Video folder of the View, and it plays only the sound.  Can someone help?

My other issue is that I'm using the Sansa Media Convertor to load photos onto the View.  It says it converted them and I see *.bmp images in the View's Photo folder, but when I look at photos on the View, the folder says it is empty.

I would appreciate any help.  I am close to returning this thing.
Thanks!
Highlighted

DVDFab can rip a DVD and encode it into an MP4 file in one batch.  It costs about $49 USD but is worth it for N3tfl1x backups. Smiley Wink

http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-fab-platinum.htm

MediaCoder is however a good free video encoder which I have used several times to encode to MP4.

http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

"My other issue is that I'm using the Sansa Media Convertor to load photos onto the View.  It says it converted them and I see *.bmp images in the View's Photo folder, but when I look at photos on the View, the folder says it is empty."

Are you sure you are using the SMC for the View and not e200 series? The e200 expects pictures in bmp, whereas the View is jpg.