Re: Media Converters

Thanks for the tip about anydvd I'll have to give it a try tonight. 

Those are basically the same settings that I have used.  I would say that you could comfortably push the 400 mb per hour limit to something closer to 200 to  225 mb per hour.  the entire lord of the rings trilogy (extended) takes up 2.17 GB on my view right now and I think that is around 11 hours.  the only thing that I have noticed is some slight banding in some of the darker scenes.  But  nothing  worse than some  DVDs  do any way.

@feyde wrote:
for dvds I like to use dvd shrink (free) to rip the dvd to vob files and then handbrake  (free) with the low-res ipod preset

I usually tell it to turn a 2 hour movie into a 400 mb file and they look great.

This is the method I use.  Make sure to select "No Compression" in DVD Shrink.  You want the compression done once (with Handbrake, not DVD Shrink).

Does any 1 know how to get the Sansa Media Converter to see the device, cuze i cant get it to work right. even after i connected it and selected the converter it still doesnt want to see it.

Please Help. Thanks

leawo video converter is a good choice,  http://www.leawo.com/leawo-video-converter/

Highlighted

You can try to extract DVD information with this DVD Ripper. And then, you can backup DVD data at everywhere.