Highlighted
Accepted Solution

MTP content won't show up anymore

[ Edited ]

I have about 3 gigs of music on my 16GB view and 7 GB of videos. The videos had to go on the view via MSC mode since I kept getting a "Device has stopped responding" error when trying to transfer normally. The music was on via WMP 11 which defaults on MTP mode. I had my view charging for a few hours during which time I was browsing the internet and watching a DVD. When I unhooked the view, all of the MTP content was missing. The data is still on the view, but it doesn't show up. Under MSC mode, about 3 gigs of seemingly random data in the form of .DAT files is under the system/mtpcontent folder. I assume this is my music, but how do I get it to be recognized again? is there a reset or something? I have a lot of stuff on there that was lost when my old computer crashed, about half of that music I don't own anymore, so I really need it back, even if I can't get it back on the view, is there a way for the computer to put together the DAT files?

EDIT: I just tried opening some DAT files using a media player, and I can confirm that these are the music files I lost, except some of them are 16kb or even 0kb, I'm not sure what those files are, maybe text? also, some files don't play on VLC media player, they play but there is no sound, but the title at the bottom says which song it is. Can anyone help me here?

Message Edited by pokeman89 on 06-07-2009 07:39 PM
Highlighted

Re: MTP content won't show up anymore

I have officially given up, so don't try and solve this for me please, you would just be wasting your time. I took a trip to best buy this morning and returned the view and got a nano. Luckily I fould a lower price on amazon and was able to get a $20 refund for trading a 16GB view for a 16GB nano. Thanks for everybody's help over the past year, but I have given up on any hopes of support by the sandsa staff, and after a year with no firmware, it is safe to say that I gain nothing by keeping my badly malfunctioning device.