Highlighted

Latest Firmware Update and Battery Issue

I noted in a couple of previous posts that after the latest F/W update that battery drain had increased.  I would like to add my name to those experiencing a similar issue after this latest upgrade.  I was disappointed to note that I was significantly drained (about 50%) after about 4 hours of audio playback and I can usually do MUCH better than that.

Sadly, the new firmware didn't seem to address the Album Art display issue, but I can work around that.

Will I have to completely wipe the beast to get back to a better battery state?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Latest Firmware Update and Battery Issue

You just have to reload the .06, and poof is magic happiness!
Highlighted

Couldja throw a brother a bone with the link?  Smiley Wink
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

its in the FAQs
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

@Enigma wrote:
its in the FAQs
This man has the answer you are looking for. Enigma is the excellent.
Highlighted

ThankyouThankyouThankyou...
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Since the update, my battery issue has been weird.  I use to be able to go about 20 hours + on a single charge.  Then after firmware update, it dropped to 5 hours, now it varies between 5 and 16 hours before dying.  You never know what you are going to get.  So after work, I let the battery drain completely before recharging it.  Sometimes I come back to the View after I left it running for 6 hours after an 8 hour shift and it is still on, other times it cuts out on me before my shift even ends.  Sometimes when I am charging it, the screen with the turning wheel stays on, otherr times it cuts off after a few minutes.  It seems schizo.  or even suffering from MPD

<sigh>

Tori

Highlighted

I returned my View because of this issue.  It took me a week to update the firmware on my new one and as soon as I did, the same thing happend.  Don't upgrade the firmware - I'm sure that the firmware upgrade either doesn't charge the battery properly or damages that battery.
Highlighted

I just got a microSD card for my view at the same time as the firmware upgrade went in. I thought the SD card was draining the battery but after reading this post I think it may be the firmware. I just rolled back to 06a. Hopefullly that will help.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

From my experience with firmware 006a, having an SD card in the slot reduced my battery life from about 25 hours to less than 10 hours.

John