Just purchased new 8G Sansa View -- WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SOOOO **bleep** HARD!!!

My pc meets all the specs required, I have windows media player 11.  I inserted the cd that came with the box..ran the program, rhapsody install comes up...done.  I've followed all the instructions using WMP11...but it cannot find the device to "sync" to.

What am I doing wrong/not doing?? Why do they have to make it so **bleep** hard!!!!!

ONE FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!!

Re: Just purchased new 8G Sansa View -- WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SOOOO **bleep** HARD!!!

@Sansa_704 wrote:

My pc meets all the specs required, I have windows media player 11.  I inserted the cd that came with the box..ran the program, rhapsody install comes up...done.  I've followed all the instructions using WMP11...but it cannot find the device to "sync" to.

What am I doing wrong/not doing?? Why do they have to make it so **bleep** hard!!!!!

ONE FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!!

It accualy aint to hard but i did notice myself WMP11 sucks when trying to load files to the player go here to sandisks web site Sandisk Sansa and download there program called Sansa Media Converter if you allready have music files and vids or pics and what ever load em into this program and it will transfer them into the player.

Good Luck

Re: Just purchased new 8G Sansa View -- WHY DO THEY HAVE TO MAKE IT SOOOO **bleep** HARD!!!

Thanks for the response! 

I downloaded the converter successfully....3 problems..(I think?)

1 - it's only allowing me to add only pics/videos......no music files?

2 - My computer is not recognizing the VIEW device!  As soon as plug usb to pc, I get "new MTP device found."  I click ok...it searches..I'm guessing for drivers without success!  Also, the "CONVERT" button is grayed out...cannot click on it...so I'm assuming b/c the computer isn't reading the device..

Please help!  I've already been sitting in front of my computer the past 10 hours to no avail! 

Hey..at least I now know how to get pictures/videos in...

SanDisk Professor

1. The SMC is only for pics and video not music, so that's why you can't add music files

2. Try a different computer as it may be an issue with yours

2.5 the convert button will not activate until the player is recognized successfully by the computer 

Having trouble with video transfer for your View? Try using the Any Video Converter (yes that's the name). It can be downloaded at www.any-video-converter.com (pick the free one) It's easy to use, just make it a .mp4

Did you ever solve your music files problem? I am having the same problem-- my computer does not recognize my device and am a bit stuck with what to do (I dont care about pics or videos, I just want to my listen to my music!)
Highlighted

This may be helpful. If your computer is having a problem seeing the device perhaps you need to change its Drive Letter (Drive C, D etc.). With so many USB devices, and especially if you are on a network with network drives, you may wish to assign your View a unique Drive Letter. To do this in XP attach the View, right click on My Computer, and left click Manage, left click Disk Management. You'll get a Computer Management window that should show all drives including the View.  Right click again and it should give you an option to Change Drive Letters and Paths. Noe change it to anything you like...say S for Sansa. Click Ok to finish. Hope this helps.

BTW: Yes I too was initially very dissapointed with my View (really Sandisk) due to the incredible lack of instructions that came in the box. Just be patient and start reading items in this Forum. All the other users that have come before us have "been there and done that". I have found this forum to be extremely helpful and my 16G View is doing pretty much what its supposed to do. 

Good luck. 

SanDisk User

It may not be the View. In my experience, some software on my computer was not allowing the View to be seen. I removed my virus and firewall programs, connected my View again, and, like magic, it connected and sucessfully installed Smiley Happy.

Hope you have success, the View is a great product and mine works very well!!

Greg