Highlighted

Is the View being discontinued?

When you go to Sandisk's home page (sandisk.com) and click the "Not Sure What Product You Need?" link, the View DOES NOT SHOW UP under any of the MP3 options.

So I ask, what's up with that Sansa?  Give us the real poop!

SanDisk User

Re: Is the View being discontinued?

It's there: "Not sure what product you need?" links to sandisk.com/Guide.  On that page you can choose from either Consumer Products or Business Products. Under Consumer Products, the first menu choice is Music & Video Players.  In this menu, the View is the third choice.
SanDisk Fanatic

They also got the newest Sans asite just for the Sansa MP3 lineup.

I was just at BestBuy and they only have a couple of the 16GB left, none of the 8GB anywhere in Phoenix area and BestBuy will not be getting any more in; they have been discontinued.
SanDisk User

Really? This is just horrible to me. Smiley Sad It's such a good product! I wonder what Sandisk is introducing that is so good they have to get the View off of the market.
SanDisk Senior User

don't worry about it. after the e200s died, the fuze came out. the view is a mature product, as said by sansa(search it if you dont believe me) with the release of their slot music player, and the featurs being added to fuze firmware, logically, its only a matter of time until sandisk amazes us all with a new video player. i wouldn't expect it before christmas though, their probably gonna wait and see how their slot music does. it may determine certain capabilities they would want to add, or take away. anyways, i agree, what exactly is so great, that the view is getting shelfed? Mod, or admin insight would be nice, even if it is just "i can't tell you"
SanDisk User

Eh, then I guess it's cool. Smiley Tongue I just love all the features this little thing has and I would hate to see it's "awesomeness" gone.

I wonder what the next level of "awesomeness" will be, though.*cough*video recording, wishful thinking *cough* XD

SanDisk Fanatic

[ Edited ]

@bluestone wrote:
Really? This is just horrible to me. Smiley Sad It's such a good product! I wonder what Sandisk is introducing that is so good they have to get the View off of the market.

Pardon me while clean up my drink that just shot out my nose when I read this....

I have nothing to add... Smiley Wink
Message Edited by eddiehaskell on 11-11-2008 04:55 PM
SanDisk User

I've actually seen you around, and I know you despise the View, but I happen to love it and it works for me, okay? Deal with that.
SanDisk Fanatic

LOL... Great!!!  Good for you... more power to you... I mean that... sincerely.

BTW... let us know how that The{insert band name here} "flaw" gets resloved Smiley Wink