Highlighted

Intermitent Pausing.

[ Edited ]

I seen a fairly old thread on this but wasn't able to find a working solution. Occasionaly my View will freeze or pause moments at a time, like it's struggling to so something. Was wondering if anyone figured out a fix. I've got the latest firmware all that happy stuff so.... Anyway the only thing I could think of is maybe it would rather me convert or run my songs through it's conversion program, will be trying that shortly. If not then it's a terrible waste of money.

Edit: it continues to play whatever track it's on but is unresponsive to any input. Usually it becomes responsive after the backlight goes out. then i can regain control.

Message Edited by Chrome on 07-08-2009 08:43 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Intermitent Pausing.

[ Edited ]
It probably only happens when you play music in Random.  This is a long standing problem with the player.  One which eventually led to me (and many others) to buy a new player (of a different brand).  It has been at least a year since the last firmware update.  I think they gave up on the view quite a while ago.  If it makes you feel better I'm sure you didn't waste $200 + $50 on accessories like I did when it first came out.  If you can still take return it to the store I would.  Unless it was really cheap and you can live with the pausing.
Message Edited by dfranch on 07-10-2009 12:29 PM
Highlighted

I was banging my head against the wall on this one as well. While searching through the Sansa View FAQ's (http://www.sansa.com/support/sansa_view/faqs) I took at look at number 8, which was titled  "While listening to songs in my Sansa View, the device suddenly froze." Solutions 1 and 2 (Resetting the device and updating the firmware) I'd already done, but number 3 (formatting the player) seemed to actually work. I didn't use Explorer, but did it through the System Settings option. It seems to have stopped the lag when switching tracks on Play All. This may be a short-term fix, but will keep updated and re-post if the problem crops up again over here.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Good luck!  In my experience with the View reformatting does work for a little while.  It will start to pause again if you use play all random for a while.  Be prepared to reformat at least once a month.
Highlighted

Well I didn't pay anything for it lol, it was given to me. And formatting did help, free is worth reformatting once a month, I add and remove songs enough that i made a sepperate folder for different months lol...
Highlighted

There's one other trick that reduce the freeze and pause.

Never use the menu option "Last Played"

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I agree Free is the appropriate price for the view.  I would have been more able to live with mine if I had not paid $200 for it.  As it was it pissed me off every time it glitched and reminded me that I spent $200 on a defective player.  I had to replace it on principle.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

You can try disk check on view while it's on MSC mode.
hehehe