I need help with my Sansa View mp3 player, please?

hello..im new to this site..i just bought a sansa view mp3 player bout 3 days ago..and have a few questions..ok..first..the battery on my sansa doesnt last long..i listen to it for about not even an hr and the battery is at 50%..is there a way to fix this or do i have to exchange it for another sansa?? second..i HATE windows media player..its a pain in the butt to use it w/ the mp3 player..im still confused on how to get songs on the thing..i did get the songs on there..but there were duplicates..i had to manually delete all of em cuz the duplicates wouldnt show up on windows media player to delete em..idk how this happened..is there a media player tht is actually simple to use???? i tried media monkey and it works great..jus not w/ an mp3 player hahahaSmiley Very Happy...does ne1 have ne reccommendations for a media player thts easy to use w/ the sansa view mp3 player? i wish i can use itunes w/ it...can someone tell me how to get songs on this thing the right way? please be specific..thank youSmiley Tongue
SanDisk User

Re: I need help with my Sansa View mp3 player, please?

@musicluvr wrote:
hello..im new to this site..i just bought a sansa view mp3 player bout 3 days ago..and have a few questions..ok..first..the battery on my sansa doesnt last long..i listen to it for about not even an hr and the battery is at 50%..is there a way to fix this or do i have to exchange it for another sansa?? second..i HATE windows media player..its a pain in the butt to use it w/ the mp3 player..im still confused on how to get songs on the thing..i did get the songs on there..but there were duplicates..i had to manually delete all of em cuz the duplicates wouldnt show up on windows media player to delete em..idk how this happened..is there a media player tht is actually simple to use???? i tried media monkey and it works great..jus not w/ an mp3 player hahahaSmiley Very Happy...does ne1 have ne reccommendations for a media player thts easy to use w/ the sansa view mp3 player? i wish i can use itunes w/ it...can someone tell me how to get songs on this thing the right way? please be specific..thank youSmiley Tongue

Regarding the battery -- check the firmware version. If yours ends with .09, you need to roll it back to .06. Search for "battery" on this forum for more information. A memory card in the machine will also kill the battery life, whether you are accessing the card or not, but since you didn't mention a card, I assume it's the firmware.

If you have the .06 firmware and are not using a card, call tech support. You have a defective battery/machine.

SanDisk User

At this poin i suggest that you take the View back and get another player that is not made by SanDisk.

[ Edited ]

On the lssue of battery, I suspect you have the latest firmware - check the forum for this, you will need to downgrade.

WMP is not a pain, you just have to use auto sync or press the Sync button once, I have a feeling you pressed it many times hence the duplicaiton. It happened to me as well so I know what you are talking about.

On a final note, i will suggest you return the view. Try the Sony NW range of walkman (mp3 player) I have returned my sansa view after theencountering problems with it. It is not too late you know. I now have the sony and it is in a different class compared to the rubbish, useless, poor build, buggy firmware anduterly uselesssansa view. 

Message Edited by ElRazur on 04-09-2008 03:09 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

NO you don'thave a "bad" view.  EVERYONE (i would hope by now) should know that the SANSA view battery life in it's beginning stages of life is only 3-4 hours.  Charge/discharge charge/discharge (about 4-5 times) and then BAM all of a sudden you get like 30 hours.  It's the battery cycle life.  Any person should know that battery life cycles do exist and charging a half charged battery ALL THE TIME creates a MEMORY.  meaning that if you do it enough times you will mess up your battery with no ability to resolve the issue.  Point being that Sansa doesnt "condition their batteries in their views before they send them out, that is up to you to maximize your battery life by taking care of the product. (but yes there are issues with .09 firmware eatting battery life so be aware of that) It just sucks that everyone is SOOOO negative about the view.  But in most cases they have valid points.  But if you pay attention to the people that post here the most they just love to spread hate and discontent...Apix..yeah I'm calling you out bud Mr. I'm gonna promote my software program anyvideoconverter because I know people with the view are limited in their options and I might get some sales if I post my sig in EVERY SINGLE THREAD POSSIBLE.

It's getting old bud.  You want to advertise your product ask SD to put ads on their website. 

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

im confused, a signature is in every post you make. Its the point of a signature, its not like I choose to post thing links below every time.

So if he made it a signature once (because he thought it might be helpful, as I do) how does that make it a bad thing?

Not sure where you get the idea that its his product because its in his signature. Its in mine too... and im not affiliated with them in the slightest. I just know it works, and peolpe like things that work. (and if anything, I post more than anyone on this forum)

To the original poster:

Your best bet is to call SanDisk tech support, honostly. Your battery issues may relate to the .09 firmware as some have mentioned.
 In regards to learning how to put music on the device, check out the how-to videos I have linked below. It shows eitheir how to drag and drop, or windows media player solutions. The step-by-step is so long, that I doubt anyone will want to type it out and be specific at the same time. A phone call shouldn't take more then a 15-20 minute explaination, based on your needs of course.
Message Edited by Enigma on 04-09-2008 12:01 PM
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

It gets old becaues you can go to a FAQ or search for a particular thread on videos.  Promoting one software program over another seems to be an advertising issue not a helping people out issue. 

Also my sansa started out iwth low battery life.  You can even do a search for threads in this forum with the same complaint.  But once it goes through a few cycles the battery life improves vastly.  You seem to post alot.  Maybe you even posted in one of those threads Smiley Wink 

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

O, well that just comes down to the common user vs newbs.

People who know enough will go to the FAQ section, or search the forum.

I'm sure you have seen the same question 9873589 times already. Those are the newbs. So, its posted in a signature for ease of access (for me it is anyway).

I've recommended it, and the how to videos to people constantly, why point them towards other links... when they can just click in my signature.

I know that people are more likely to click it and use it the more they see it. It really has nothing to do with promoting one over the other. Its giving people a simple and effective solution that I know works.

If you can find one that works easier / better, I'll change it to that instead

If he constantly talked about Any Video Converter, and didnt help people with other stuff, than maybe I could see it as a promoting software over the other.

Regardless, its not like it matters. Its just in his signature and doesnt bother anyone (except you I suppose)

Message Edited by Enigma on 04-09-2008 01:34 PM
Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

i only posted once..this is my first post
SanDisk User

@musicluvr wrote:
i only posted once..this is my first post
The multiple posting was for the guys that just post cause they can.  Not you.