Highlighted

How to play one song after another.

I figured out how to install a playlist of 63 songs (it took a while) using WMP11.  Now can anyone give me some info on how I can listen to song after song without having to hit the forward button.  When I select "play all" it only plays the first song, then I have to hit the forward button.  Shouldnt it do it automatically?  Also, how do you stop a song? do you just hit pause and then turn it off? what if you want to select something else?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: How to play one song after another.

It should work automatically.
Highlighted

This is a strange one, I loaded the same songs on my Sansa M250 and they play one after the other! I don't understand this, I have the latest updates for the view.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Have you checked if you have the current (or last) firmware version? Earlier firmware(s) had a ton of bugs. Heck, even the last one still doesn't have all the bugs fixed, but it sure works better than some of the older ones did.

Highlighted

Yes, I do have the latest update. This does not happen with every song.  An example of what I am talking about is: a song that plays for 04:40 but the Sansa shows it should play 04:54.  It freeze's.  As I mentioned earlier, my m250 plays the next song and as soon as the previous is over.

This is baffleing me.

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Does it only have the problem when doing a Play All of the playlist? Try doing a Play All from one of the other music lists (Artist, Album, Song title). If they play thru in one of those other modes, then there's something weird with the playlist.

If they don't play thru with one of the other ways, then there could be some problem with the ID3 tags. Most of the Sansa players prefer ID3v2.3 ISO tags. Having embedded album art has sometimes caused problems. Also, sometimes having junk in the comments tag causes problems.

You might want to find MP3Tag to double check the ID3 tags and/or correct them. Just make sure you change the option setting in MP3Tag under Tools => Options => Mpeg so that it uses ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1.

As a side note, I wouldn't trust anything Windows MediaPlayer does. Also, if you are transferring files in MTP mode (which it usually does by default with the player being set to AutoDetect)... well, MTP mode (eventually) causes all kinds of problems. It's only needed for DRMed (copy protected) files. Otherwise, I'd suggest changing the player's USB mode to MSC instead.

Files tranferred in MTP mode can not be seen by your computer if you connect in MSC mode later. Likewise, files transferred in MSC mode can not be seen by your computer if you connect in MTP later. The Sansa player can see and work with files added to it by either USB mode.