Highlighted
SanDisk User

How to completely reset my View?

[ Edited ]

Okay, a while back I had an issue where I had rebooted my new computer and my View was on and connected. Anyway it seemed to screw up the sansa. My services\Rhapsody folder got completely wiped out. I borrowed my room mates sansa and copied over the folder and it sort of got me up and running but now I'm constantly getting a mssg about "connect within 1 day to renew subscriptions" so I was thinking I maybe just need to completely wipe the player and start fresh. What is the best way to do this so that everything is deleted and the player is back at factory new state with the default needed folders etc. It will be a pain redownloading my rhapsody music but seems like it is the only way to fix things right.

I thought maybe just deleteing all the items in the Album, Music, Playlist folders as well as the data in the Services/rhapsody subfolders Artis and playlists would fix things but even after I used file manager and deleted everything the Sansa is showing 3 albums of music that actually play and 3 Rhapsody channels it wants me to connect to rhapsody to download but if I actually browse the Sansa using File manager all those folders are empty so I can't figure out how its finding music I thought I had deleted and I can't see on my Players drive.

Do I just go into setup menu and select format or should I use the Sansa Firmware updater program or is there a better way to do this so my player is completely erased & reset to factory default and then I can reauthorize the player for Sansa and stuff?

Message Edited by bratboy on 06-27-2009 05:30 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: How to completely reset my View?

Well it is a pain but seem to have solved my issues. First I deactivated the player in Rhapsody then went in to setup and did the format routine. Now everything seems to be working I just have to redownload a bunch of albums I liked that were Rhapsody files. Fortunatly I made a backup of the entire Sansa first tho so all my vids and stuff were saved and I can just copy those back over
Highlighted

So, is there a way to completely wipe this thing clean and sart over? It seems I have it screwed up pretty good.

View 16MB with 16GB expansion card. Windows XP Home

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Format it.