Highlighted

Hidden Music Folder

I have Sansa View , Loaded into it 12.6 GB Music in MTP mode .

I see all the music files loaded into it .  The original music files deleted by me .  

I changed to  MSC mode , according to your instructions , But :

1.  The Sansa View does not show my Music folder , although it shows in properties 12.6 GB ,

and the option in Windows " Shoe hidden folders / files"  is checked .

The original music files are in it now ( 64 MB) ...  ???   , and not my 12.6 GB .

-  There is no other folder on the player that has any music on it  

2.  When I Re-Connect the player , it does not "Remember" the MSC mode and reconnects in MTP mode .

I have no such problem with my Sansa E280 player .

I am Using Win xp pro on P4

What to do to see the 12.6 GB music files in the MSC mode ? 

berber

Highlighted

Re: Hidden Music Folder

Sorry ,

I found a folder named MTPCONECT , with 12.4 GB in it , full of folders and files in some

unreadable format / extention , with file names chosen by the system probably .

Does tht means that I should Delete this folder , than to load the player again ?

please help

thank's

berber

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Hidden Music Folder

Any files that were put on the View (or any Sansa player for that matter) in MTP mode can not be seen later by the computer when connected in MSC mode.

Likewise, the reverse is also true. Any files put on the player in MSC mode can not be seen by the computer later if connected in MTP mode.

The player itself, of course, can see and play files that where put on it in either mode.

So, you'll have to decide which mode you want to use all the time, and also make sure it actually connects in that mode each time. The View has a bad habbit of sometimes connecting in MTP mode even though it is set to MSC mode. So, watch out for that happening.

Make sure you always keep backup copies of the files you put on the player. Then, to free up the wasted memory have it connect in the mode you don't want to use and delete the files that were put on it in that mode. Then change it to connect in the other mode and put the files back.

An easier and faster way (assuming you have all files backed up on your computer) is to just go into the Settings on the View and have it Format itself. That will only clean out the internal memory though. For things that were put on the external memory card you'll still have to straighten out yourself.