Highlighted

Hi i am afraid this is a new problem

[ Edited ]

I had sansa view for a year now. I am not sure if it is because the year change from 2008-2009 or something but when I tried to start my sansa view it went all blank. Nothing shows up except the blue circle shining in my face. When i unplug it and tried to start the sansa normally it is still blank and the same blue circle shines up. Nothing pops up when I connected the sandisk charger with the sandisk.

Thanks

P.S I never updated my Sansa view so it might be the problem but this problem is too dramatic even though i never update my sansa view

Message Edited by haeinkroot on 01-07-2009 03:19 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: Hi i am afraid this is a new problem

Try holding the power button for 15 seconds before you connect it to the computer.
Highlighted

I tried. It didn't work. Oh also keeps hearing a different sound when i plug in the computer. It sounds like it is rejecting Sansa View. I am still not able to start the Sansa, because when i try to start it, it goes blank and the shinning circle shows up and nothing happens.

Thanks for your help though

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

sounds like it is disconnectig as soon as it connects, do you have another USB cable for it?
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

oh it worked... I switched it and it worked but it says

Hi Welcome to the Found New Hardware Wizard

Windoes will search for current and updated software by looking on your computer, on the hardware installation CD, or on the WIndows Update Web  site

Can windoes connect to windows update to search for software?

(of course I put in yes)

(Than second window appears)

The wizard helps you install software for USB Device

IF your hardware came with an installation CD or floppy disk, Insert it now

WHat do you want the wizrd to do?

( i choose install the software automatically. Then it failed)

Cannot Install this Hardware

THe hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the nessary software.

Click back if you have installation media such as a CD-ROM or if you know the location of the sofware.

(after all that I doubt the CD that the Sansa gave the users will work b/c it only have guides in the CD not instalation things.)

(also, i don't think it my computer's problem b/c i can't start the sansa, it just go blank.)

Message Edited by haeinkroot on 01-07-2009 03:49 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

So switching USB cables worked (partially?)

THe computer will say found new hardware, It happens every few times I connect my player, however it has never failed. If your player comes unconnected during the install this may be the problem. (What year is your computer?)

Once its working I would try changing the firmware, just so that the player can start new and hopefully turn the screen on.

When connecting your player, or turning it on when the blue ring comes on does the screen light up a little. (stay black, but sort of as if theres a light behind it?)

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

My computer is 2005ish?! maybe 2006

Umm im not sure what you mean by firmware... I know ppl say that but how do i update it? i download the sansaupdater recently, yesterday actually. I dowlaoded b/c of the problem i have starting sansa.

ANd the screen does not light up slightly.. i know what u mean, like usually it seems like it froze, but in my case it is completely blank except for the shinning ring.

But my main concern is starting the Sansa... it seems a particular prbolem

Message Edited by haeinkroot on 01-07-2009 04:49 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

This is known as the "blue ring of death" problem. If you are lucky, it might be possible to solve it. Look at this thread:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=view&message.id=6032

or search for "blue ring of death" in this forum for other possible solutions. If the procedure in the thread above does not work, then it probably means your player is dead. I hope your warenty is not over...

V.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

...... god help me.... umm i think my warenty is over. it been almost 1 and 1/2 years. oH is there a way to earease everything and start over without starting the Sansa?

EDIT

I been reading about this blue ring of death... umm so that means my Sansa is fried basically and it not my fault?! (i hope) umm so should i return it to the place that i got Sansa view or do i need to send it to the manufactor place? I also email tech support about this problem but they haven't email back yet

Message Edited by haeinkroot on 01-08-2009 03:05 PM
Message Edited by haeinkroot on 01-08-2009 03:15 PM