Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Ha, Looking for new Firmwire

That's right firmwire, not firmware, 4th time my wife broke the wire on her View's ear buds, each time I repair it, it's gets shorter, just a very few strands of an extremely thin magnet wire wrapped around a string.  Too sharp of a bend will break those strands.

Am I the only one with this problem? 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Ha, Looking for new Firmwire

LOL...  that seems foreign to me.  I am never satisfied with stock 'phones and always use others (more than willing to name my inexpensive favorites).  I do believe the Sansa 'phones are some of the better sounding stock models, for sure, but my ears just can't do buds that aren't in-canal, and I prefer not to stick anything in there.

I blame my parents for giving me small ear-bud hanger folds (pinna).  Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Ha, Looking for new Firmwire

Sansa's earphones don't fit my ears either and I'm afraid of earbuds causing hearing damage. I use an old pair of outside-the-ear headphones. (The small kind, not the big heavy padded kind.)

Macally makes a headset (the larger, padded kind, but not massively so) in which an e200 itself plugs right into the side of the headset, so no wires are involved. I would have loved one of those. Sadly, they don't make a model for the View. (I asked, and the View will not fit in the existing headset.)

I've got a cheap "crystal" (clear plastic) case that I keep the View in and it has a rotatable belt clip on the back that actually locks around a belt (doesn't just slip over it), so it could be hooked to a wide headband on a headset like this and connected with a short headphone wire. Just have to make sure the headset has a thin wire than can be bundled up rather than one of those massive coiled wires. I don't think this would look as cool as the Macally, though.