Highlighted
Accepted Solution

HELP WITH ANY VIDEO CONVERTER!!!

hey Iv got Any video converter but some told me after i convert them I have to use sansa video converter as well. is this true??

Also I would appreciate the steps to converter a video to my sansa properly (formats and such)

please and thank you (sansa needs to fix their figgen media converter arrgg!)

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: HELP WITH ANY VIDEO CONVERTER!!!

Does any video converter convert itunes protected music?? I'm right with you on sansa w/ the media converter on my view if I hit t he home button in the middle of a video it restarts when I try to start the movie again
Highlighted
SanDisk User

No, you only need AVC to convert video for the View and then drag/drop it into the Video directory on the player (in MTP mode for best results). 

Check out the thread This May Help Many View Users !!, scroll down in the first message and look for "Settings for “Any DVD / Video Converter”:" ... I've used those settings successfully to transfer all of the video currently residing on my view including the entire "Planet Earth" BBC series, a couple episodes of "Firefly" and a couple of YouTube vids.

I don't know if AVC could convert protected iTunes files; never tried it....

Highlighted

The only  trouble I am still having , is that Ican only convert up to 3 minutes. its not the pro version. So do I have to buy it to get more or what??????

Thank you by the way been a HUGE help.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@chikkafreak wrote:

The only  trouble I am still having , is that Ican only convert up to 3 minutes. its not the pro version. So do I have to buy it to get more or what??????

I didn't have any problem converting hour-long TV shows (ripped from DVD with DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0) with AVC-Free ... are you *sure* you don't have a version that's out of its trial period?

What do you get when you click Help|About?  Mine has a link: Any Video Converter Version 2.6.2....

Highlighted

hey I went umder help and went under updates and it says ther is to new versions or up dates it says I am in evaluation mode.

this is where I downloaded it is this right??

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@chikkafreak wrote:

hey I went umder help and went under updates and it says ther is to new versions or up dates it says I am in evaluation mode.

this is where I downloaded it is this right??

http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free/

Hmmm ... that's the same place I got mine (a slightly older version) and mine definitely doesn't have a 3-minute limit.

Have you tried converting anything else?

Maybe they added the 3-minute limit to encourage people to buy the Pro version.  You might want to try searching for an older version on some other archive site ... because the 2.6.2 version I have definitely doesn't have a 3-minute limit.

Highlighted

Hey thanks I found somewhere to downloadit. its download.com is that safe (srry my parents are strict on downloading.) Umm and also I don't know if it was this one video but I clicked the yutube button and added to to AVC. well It won't let me edit anything. And it shows that there is no time on it. I there more I have to do for the addin youtube stuff.????

ps thanks again youve been a great help.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@chikkafreak wrote:

Hey thanks I found somewhere to downloadit. its download.com is that safe (srry my parents are strict on downloading.)

Download.com is safe ... IIRC, it's run by C/Net (a professional computer organization with lots of publications) and I'm quite sure they check everything for viruses/etc.

Umm and also I don't know if it was this one video but I clicked the yutube button and added to to AVC. well It won't let me edit anything. And it shows that there is no time on it. I there more I have to do for the addin youtube stuff.????

ps thanks again youve been a great help.

It's been a while since I've AVC'd a YouTube video, but IIRC I think after you click the YouTube button and copy/paste the URL, you actually have to start the encoding (click the "Encode" button) before it will do anything.  After all, it can't access the file directly on YouTube's servers, it's got to have a copy on your PC.

First AVC downloads the .flv from YouTube, THEN it starts converting.  You can't make any edits or changes until after it's downloaded and converted the first time.  However, AVC downloads the file into a directory and save it for you ... you'll see the downloaded file on the left-most panel (Source Files) somewhere under the Downloaded heading....

Good luck converting!

If you want to make edits (or just convert a small part of the video), you need to select it from the Downloaded.

Highlighted

heh pls help me

I've purchased sansa e260 and i've also downloaded AVC yet i cant play the video in my player..

when i use media converter to add media to my player its saying codecs are wrong!!!!!!!

What must be the codec to enable the video in sansa e260????????Smiley Surprised