Highlighted
SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

Firmware Switch with Fuze?

I was pondering, since the Fuze is a mini version of the View, Wouldn't it have the same firmware? I have used the Fuze before and really nothing was different. Could I just install the Fuze firmware onto my View? I was looking through the latest Fuze firmware release notes and there is a whole lot of stuff that people have been requesting. (such as accelerated wheel speed during long navigation, the GoList expanded to 200 tracks, et cetera) I just want some new firmware, as we all do. 

thanks,

-pabloman456 

"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Firmware Switch with Fuze?

I really don't think so. Just because they have the same features (more or less) doesn't mean their internal components and circuits are electronically identical, and THAT'S what matters for firmware.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@pabloman456 wrote:

I was pondering, since the Fuze is a mini version of the View, Wouldn't it have the same firmware? I have used the Fuze before and really nothing was different. Could I just install the Fuze firmware onto my View? I was looking through the latest Fuze firmware release notes and there is a whole lot of stuff that people have been requesting. (such as accelerated wheel speed during long navigation, the GoList expanded to 200 tracks, et cetera) I just want some new firmware, as we all do. 

thanks,

-pabloman456 

Nope. The firmware is written based on the hardware for the player, the Fuze has different hardware.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

Highlighted
SanDisk User

shucks... i got my hopes up. I guess. SanDisk isn't going to release a new Firmware for a while...
"The only thing we have to fear, Is fear itself."- F.D.R.
"Blue M&M, Red M&M, They all come out the same color in the end" -Homer Simpson
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Calls to tech support have said that they are working on one, but many are not confident. Rockbox is working on it and that may be the next step.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base