SanDisk User

Files and Folders in MSC mode vs MTP

The View itself shows all my files, but I can't see all of them on my computer. The space is allocated, but I can only see files that were loaded in the mode the View was in when I loaded them. It's as if there are two different players. I guess I could back up the files on it and format the whole thing, then pick one mode and reload everything. Is there an easier way? Is anyone else having this problem?
SanDisk User

Re: Files and Folders in MSC mode vs MTP

[ Edited ]
The View have 2 mode. MSC and MTP mode. If you load 1 content on either one of them and switch to the other, you will not see the content in the player althought the player will take up space. What you can do is switch to both mode and do a format, that way your player will be clean of content.

PS: To go to MSC mode,  Turn on the player and put the player on Hold. Hold the left button and plug the player into the pc. Explorer should show up 2 driver. It may take serveral try to get the player into MSC mode if you are not use to it. Smiley Happy

Message Edited by Kevin_Luong on 11-30-2007 01:27 PM

this is my problem.....but i will not be formatting...
the files i loaded in msc mode are not visible in mtp mode and vice versa.......

they are all visible on the player however.....
i will just continue to do the secret handshake to get to msc mode if need to delete files etc....

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Same problem as kara, here.
The player sees everything, but (when browsing the View's content from the PC) if the View is connected in MTP mode I can only see the files loaded in MTP mode, and if the View is connected in MSC mode I can only see the files loaded in MSC mode.