Highlighted

Files Missing?

I plugged in my Sansa View to my computer to charge, just like I always do.

When the message box asing me what I wanted to do next popped up , though , I accidentally hit "auto play" instead of "take no action".

When I unplugged it , I discovered that all the songs I'd had added on Auto Detect mode (which I hadn't used in nearly three months) where gone . That's about 20 songs , that just dissapeared .

I figured if I plugged it in again , they would just come back. But nothing happened .

So I plugged in using Auto Detect instead of MSC, and everthing was gone . Not only the music files themselves , but the whole pre-created music folder.

Help , please  ?

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Files Missing?

Change to MTP.
Highlighted

I did , and the music folder that came in MTP was completley gone.

* I said Auto Detect , I meant MTP , sorry .

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Are the files "missing" when you look for them while connected to your computer, or are they gone from the player menus? Files transferred in MSC mode can't be seen by the computer in MTP mode, and vice-versa. This is completely normal.

All files transferred in either mode should be visible to the player itself, however.

Highlighted

I'm sorry , this is hard to explain .

They are gone from both the player menus and when connected to the computer , as is everything I ever added onto the player in MTP mode .

I know that MSC-transferred files can't be seen in MTP, I'm saying that the music & everything is gone from the MTP files .

They all dissapeared while I was connected in MSC .

I'm not sure why , but somehow , when I accidentally hit Auto Play instead of Take No Action , they deleted themselves of the player .

There are only 2 files in MTP mode now , being ones dealing with the settings & such on the player .