Highlighted

Emachine/VIEW compatibility

Hey out there, just bought an 8Gb View and have a 6 year old emachine, I've updated all the service packs and updates that I need and still wmv won't recognize the player and the pc rarely recognizes it and when it does the pc freezes up for anywhere from 3 minutes to forever.  The View works great on a Mac and have loaded about 1000 songs on to it, but my main computer is a pc and would love to figure this out, considering this thing is supposed to work perfectly with XP.  Any info would be great
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Emachine/VIEW compatibility

[ Edited ]
I would try all the USB ports, just in case (maybe you already have).  Beyond that, I would confirm that it has USB 2.0 ports (eMachines and 6+ years old makes it questionable) and get a USB 2.0 PCI card installed if not.  Otherwise, if you have an up-to-date XP, it's harder to say.
Message Edited by tmkirk on 05-13-2008 12:52 PM
Highlighted

I also have a emachines 6-year old computer and cannot get my sansa view to even connect when i try to sync on Windows Media Player 11. It turns on for a split second and then a lock key shows up and then turns back off.  How do I "unlock" the thing so I can add songs to it?
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@bleeheehee wrote:
I also have a emachines 6-year old computer and cannot get my sansa view to even connect when i try to sync on Windows Media Player 11. It turns on for a split second and then a lock key shows up and then turns back off.  How do I "unlock" the thing so I can add songs to it?
Slide the button up to unlock the player.
Highlighted

thanks.....i know know what you are thinking....and yes sometimes i can be a little slow with new technology.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

If only all problems were that easy.