SanDisk User

EQ reset after shut down?

[ Edited ]
Hi everyone,

My EQ resets every time I turn the player off. When I turn the player on and play a song it displays that it is on the same EQ setting before the turn off but when I switch the EQ to another and back to the one it was on originally there is definite sound difference. For example, before I turn off the player the EQ is set to 'Pop'. I then turn the player off and then on and play a song. I look at the EQ settings and it is still set to 'Pop' however when I select another EQ(without clicking) and return to 'Pop', 'Pop' sounds different to how it once was and sounds more like 'Normal'. It is quite hard to explain, but I wondered if you experience this problem? I guess it's quite hard to pick up and people may not be aware of the issue. If, of course it is a widespread issue (nevertheless, it may not be and only I am experiencing this ) then hopefully it will be solved in the next firmware update.

Thanks

Message Edited by futuristicmilo on 01-10-2008 02:39 PM

Message Edited by futuristicmilo on 01-10-2008 02:40 PM
SanDisk User

Re: EQ reset after shut down?

Yeah the current firmware does not remember eq setting after shutdown. Really annoyed me at first but now I've gotten used to it and set the eq soon as unit is turned on. But do hope it is fixed in a future firmware...

Ply
Highlighted
SanDisk User

just to give this thread a bump and let sandisk know this is crap I am having this same problem.

WTH sandisk do you want to sell mp3 players or do you want to sell mp3 players and have people say they suck and return them?

BTW i absolutely HATE! (ie cannot stand) beta testing products that I have to PAY FULL PRICE FOR!

you want people to beta test send em half priced sansas or something...sheesh
SanDisk User

I think the new firmware has fixed this problem. But unfortunately it is not available now. Hopefully it will be back up shortly...

Ply