Don't let your subscription tracks expire -- all tracks missing even after pc reconnect

I had let my 30-day subscription expire on my 32 Gb View. Normally, just reconnecting to Rhapsody is enough to extend for the next 30 days. Not this time. The player displays "No song" even after renewing the license. Looking at Info in the menu shows that 21 Gb are used up, but there are 0 songs.

I had to reformat and transfer my entire library all over again -- a process that takes over night.

SanDisk Professor

Re: Don't let your subscription tracks expire -- all tracks missing even after pc reconnect

Thanks for the warning.
SanDisk Professor

Re: Don't let your subscription tracks expire -- all tracks missing even after pc reconnect

it seems like you just need to refresh the database.  try downloading just 1 song...

SanDisk Guru

There are several methods to get the Rhapsody client updating the licenses.

If you have the View connected, click the Transfer button that appears above the right pane when the View is selected.  This can start the process.  Or, transfer ONE track from the Music Guide to your View.  Rhapsody should figure out that the licenses need renewing after that transfer.

I would perform the whole enchilada, if your subscription has expired, and you are restarting.  Click on the tab "My Account" > Update Track Licenses first.  This will relicense the tracks stored in your computer's library.

Then, right click on your View and select Deauthorize, then Authorize.  This cycling of the authorization works wonders.

It's a royal pain to retransfer all of those WMWRM tracks.

Bob  Smiley Very Happy