Highlighted

Default music?

I just bought my Sansa View and I put all my music on it.

I saw some that I don't think are mine - I've never heard of them.

I opened Sync with Windows Media player and used windows explorer to view the files in the music folder, I didn't find them.

How do I get them off? 

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Default music?

[ Edited ]

Heh, I was expecting another "I accidentally deleted the music that came with my player, how do I get it back?" topic. (the answer to that, by the way, is "You can't. At least not without buying it on iTunes/Amazon/whatever, or illegally downloading it somewhere." )

The easiest way to delete a lot of songs is to reformat the player.

More>Settings/Options>System Settings>Format

Note that this will erase everything, so don't do it unless you have backups of all the music you do want to keep.

If there's only a few songs you want to delete (I don't know how many songs come preloaded on the View), you can delete them individually by selecting the song and pressing down on the wheel. "Delete Song" is one of the options that will pop up. Some people have reported problems with deleting this way, however (the song doesn't delete).

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 07-07-2009 12:05 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@Lamprecht wrote:

I opened Sync with Windows Media player and used windows explorer to view the files in the music folder, I didn't find them.

How do I get them off? 

Those "free" songs you get with your View have been put on the device in MSC mode, which is why you can't see them when you connect to your PC (since, by default, you're connecting in MTP mode). 

If you switch from MTP to MSC (either through the latest firmware or using the button combination (see stickied thread)), you'll be able to see, and delete, those files.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

@Lamprecht wrote:

How do I get them off? 

You are allowed to keep those