Considering View 32 Purchase

I am currently a Creative Zen Vision M user and a big Rhapsody To Go fan.  I have been pleased with both but am thinking about getting a 32G View.  I've read reviews and posts, and I still have a few questions:

• Overall, does the View work as seamlessly with Rhapsody To Go as advertised?
  • I notice a lot of concerns regarding playlists.  I've created a lot of them on my Creative, and would like to do so on my new device.  Is there really a file limit per playlist?  Some of my playlists go into the hundreds.
  • Does the View have decent equalizer settings and "smart volume" featuer to prevent major volume variances between different tracks?
  • I also have a 4 GB Sansa Clip which I love.  Does the View have the same level of dependability, frequent firmware updates, etc?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

SanDisk Guru

Re: Considering View 32 Purchase

@stansha wrote:

I am currently a Creative Zen Vision M user and a big Rhapsody To Go fan.  I have been pleased with both but am thinking about getting a 32G View.  I've read reviews and posts, and I still have a few questions:

• Overall, does the View work as seamlessly with Rhapsody To Go as advertised?
  • I notice a lot of concerns regarding playlists.  I've created a lot of them on my Creative, and would like to do so on my new device.  Is there really a file limit per playlist?  Some of my playlists go into the hundreds.
  • Does the View have decent equalizer settings and "smart volume" featuer to prevent major volume variances between different tracks?
  • I also have a 4 GB Sansa Clip which I love.  Does the View have the same level of dependability, frequent firmware updates, etc?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

Don't do it! The Clip is great, but the View hasn't had a firmware update since last June. For the price of the 32GB View, you could probably get an 8GB Fuze with a 16GB microsdhc card.....yeah, that's 24 and not 32, but it would be a better choice, IMO.

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Fanatic

The answer to all of your questions, unfortunately,  is no.

Like M_M said, don't do it.  You'll just end up frustrated and disappointed with the View like most of us.

SanDisk Professor

Unfortunately, I have to, at the moment, agree.
SanDisk User

^^ X2 lol.
Highlighted

I didn't realize what i was getting into with the view as far as dvd/video ripping/converting goes.  I use ubuntu linux and there is just so much native linux functionality for ipod....  as far as music goes, i am happy.. with podcasts, i need to edit the tags in a seperate program for the view to recognize them.  it's pretty but problematic for linux users...