Highlighted

Considering Sansa View 32G

I have a Sansa which I have upgraded to 8 gig but cannot accept a higher gig card. I am considering a Sansa View 32 gig but I'm concerned about reports that it takes a very long time to start up. My current Sansa has about a 12 second delay, which is acceptable. How long does the 32 gig take to start?
Highlighted

Re: Considering Sansa View 32G

I have a Sansa View 16GB, and the startup is only a few seconds.  I have 2339 songs stored in the internal memory (roughly 1.4 GB free still), and an 8 GB uSD with 77 15-25 minute video clips and 2 full length movies (a little over 5 GB of video).  The database refresh can take a few minutes, but it only does that when you disconnect it from the computer.  After that, it's pretty quick, even if I have to reset it.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Most of the start-up problems seem to happen with an external memory card inserted. Also, you should have no problems if you stick with MTP mode, since the refresh database issue is not there anymore. My almost full 16 Gig unit loads in a few seconds.

V.

Highlighted

I have recently purchased a Sansa View 32 gb. When I start it up, I have to hold the switch up and count to 10, then release it, and then push it up again. Pushing it up the second time, the Sansa starts up immediately and doesn't take long at all at this point to boot up. I feel like there is something wrong with the switch but it works everytime. Does someone know if this is normal?
Highlighted

I would definitely get it.  I've had mine about 2-3 months now and love it.  At first I had much difficulty setting it up, and the tech help line was no help at all, but the forums really helped me.  I have had no problems or delays with starting it up.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

It is designed in this way.

Hold long to soft reset the Sansa.

Hold short to resume the previous session.

@HEWY wrote:
I have recently purchased a Sansa View 32 gb. When I start it up, I have to hold the switch up and count to 10, then release it, and then push it up again. Pushing it up the second time, the Sansa starts up immediately and doesn't take long at all at this point to boot up. I feel like there is something wrong with the switch but it works everytime. Does someone know if this is normal?