Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Case Flaw at the Seam With Sansa View 16gb Case (in multiple uinits)

The build quality of my 16GB View is fine. Whoever assembled it gave it a good squeeze in the right place.

John

Highlighted
SanDisk User

OK, that makes the decision for me. Best bang-for-the-MB-buck or not, that case problem will keep me from getting one! Way too many other choices out there, although Best Buy doesn't carry the best of them. Toshiba T-400, Creative Zen 16 & Sony 818 (8MB) are high on my list. I guess that BB will get the 818 in sooner or later & I am hoping they stock the 4GB Clip. I have a credit there if you were wondering.
Highlighted

It's been made in China, what else is new?
Highlighted

After a week with my new View that has a minimal case flaw (I opened a few units at Best Buy) I now have dust under my screen again.  Dust must be getting in under the enourmous openings for the sd card and computer connection.  I bought a replacement plan at best buy and Im pretty sure the guy told me that dust under the screen was covered, but **bleep**.  Does Sandisk have anything to say yet?  Anyone know if Best buy warrentees dust under screen?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Have any of you got a case flaw like mine on page 3?
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

I don't have a case flaw with my View, In fact, I don't really have any problems with it. I just wish their was some better cases for it.
Highlighted

I bought my player off eBay.

Paid 100$ for it with shipping.

I opened it brand new and there was no flaw with it Smiley Happy

I guess I'm a lucky guy (: 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

Alas my love of my 8mb View has declined a little bit today when I took the DLO jacket/case off to clean it and discovered the same case flaw that Bike on Page 3 has.  I got mine for Christmas as a gift, so I have no receipt etc and now its 6-7 months old.  I know  the case flaw wasn't there when I first got it, and I haven't dropped it or anything, I think its just "popped" open sometime in the past couple of months.  Since I have the DLO jacket/case on it, I never really see the player itself and thus have no idea when the metal started to separate.   Smiley Mad 
Sansa... it's not an IPOD, its better!
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

I don't have a case flaw in my Sansa View, anyways just because it's made in China doesn't mean its a bad product. I mean can't the people in North america make it thereselfs if they don't like it? People should take a look around, its not China's fault that they have to make the products for North America. Maybe North America should Make all the bad products there selfs instead of blaming CHINA everytime something goes wrong. But China doesn't always make bad stuff either, like the Ipod is made in China too and is it bad? Not really. Creative products are made in Hong Kong, China and the Zen rocks.

PS Sorry about the rant, just had to make myself clear. 

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

i noticed a slight case flaw when i got mine (the case kind of squeeked when i pushed the home button) but after 2 days of use its gone and now its fine. if your worried about dust get a cover for it Smiley Wink

with mp3 players you have 2 options, a solid built mp3 for 300 bucks the size of a brick, or this cheap, good sounding small light one with a small imperfection

Message Edited by delorean90 on 07-10-2008 09:33 PM
sansa view 16gb (used to own rockboxed iriver h10 20gb )