Highlighted

Car Audio Problem

I had a new Kenwood deck installed.It has a audio in,and a USB port for useing my View.The audio in line works fine.But when i use the USB port it only play songs on my SD card.I have a 8gig View,with a 4gig SD card.I really want to use the USB port.I think it sounds better.And i can use the controls on the deck itself.I did change the mode to MSC.But then it wouldn't play at all.Any help would be great..

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Car Audio Problem

The songs in the View's internal memory may have been transferred in MTP mode. They would be invisible in MSC mode.
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
What do you mean by MTP mode? All I have in my View when I go to info,USB mode,are,Auto Detect,and MSC.If I put it in MSC,my pc won't even recognize any songs.Should i have it in MCS mode when i download songs? Or Auto Detect?Thanks for the reply.. 
Message Edited by gojimmie48 on 07-01-2009 05:27 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@gojimmie48 wrote:
What do you mean by MTP mode? All I have in my View when I go to info,USB mode,are,Auto Detect,and MSC.If I put it in MSC,my pc won't even recognize any songs.Should i have it in MCS mode when i download songs? Or Auto Detect?Thanks for the reply.. 
Message Edited by gojimmie48 on 07-01-2009 05:27 AM

Auto Detect = MTP.  However, if the USB in your car stereo isn't MTP compatible (most aren't AFAIK), you might have to switch to MSC so it will see it.

The reason why your PC doesn't recognize any songs while in MSC mode is because when the View is connected to a computer in one mode, it can't see any files transfered in the other.  So, if you've transfered everything, so far, in MTP mode you won't see anything in MSC mode.  The View can always see files transfered in either mode. 

If you need to switch to MSC-transfered music, you'd probably be better off formatting your View and re-transferring.

You'll have less problems if you stick to one mode or the other.  And, you'll avoid the "duplicate titles" issue if you *only* transfer music/videos/pictures to the expansion card through MTP.

One other thing to watch out for, sometimes USB-enabled car stereos can't play DRM-protected music; so, unless your music is mostly DRM-free MP3's (not from Napster or Rhapsody), you might be better off just sticking to MTP mode and using the "AUX In" on your car stereo.

Highlighted

So what do you suggest?Stay in MPT and use audio input?And use the controls on the View.Or format the View,and redownload all of the music in MSC mode.Thanks again..
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@gojimmie48 wrote:
So what do you suggest?Stay in MPT and use audio input?And use the controls on the View.Or format the View,and redownload all of the music in MSC mode.Thanks again..

IMO, if you're only listening to non-DRM-protected music, you should reformat your View and do *all* of your music transfers in MSC.

If you have any DRM-protected music, use *only* MTP and control your music through your View and the AUX In connection....