SanDisk User

Cannot view music file; cannot copy file to PC

I had a PC running on Win XP & never had a problem with my Sansa e250

That PC was fried in a thunder storm and our new computer runs on Win 7

When I connect the e250 to PC and open the files using Windows Explorer or through My Computer, I can see the Sansa listed and open it.  However, the file labled "Music" is no where to be found.  It will list "record", "photo", "system" and so on, but I cannot view the music file, nor delete anything, nor copy anything.

Here's my biggest problem.  Husband broke his player; I got a new one & husband getting my old e250.  I was able to copy my memory card quite easily to PC for an quick transfer but I cannot copy any of the music from the Sansa player itself!

Please please please help!  I have over 400 songs stored on the e250 and to go through it and transfer everything from external drive to new player will take hours & hours!  

How can I access the music file on my e250?

Any help will be greatfully appreciated!!!!!

SanDisk User

Re: Cannot view music file; cannot copy file to PC

While waiting for an answer I went ahead and copied my music from my external drive to my new player.  I formatted the player however there is still no folder labeled "MUSIC"

I attempted to create a new MUSIC folder & it's telling that already exists and would I like to replace it.  I selected YES and the MUSIC folder is still no where to be found.  

I have my husband's music copied to PC in a folder on the desktop.  My theory & past experience tells me I should be able to simply move this folder to the MUSIC folder & everything should be copied.  But there is no MUSIC folder!!!!

Anyone, PLEASE help me with this!  It took me 5 hours to do my own music & I cannot do this again

SanDisk Guru

The MUSIC folder on the e200 series players is 'hidden'. You have to set Windows to "show hidden files and folders". I have XP so I can't tell you how to do it on Win7, but you should be able to figure it out or consult the HELP files. You could even Google it.

BTW, you did notice this is the View board, not the e200 series, right? Smiley Tongue

SanDisk User

Ah, sorry no.  Forums these days are so overly complicated and way over organized.  Think I know how to get folder to show up--thanks for the tip