Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Can you use a 16GB Micro SD on the view?

Im just wondering if the View would read a 16 gb Miro SD?
Highlighted

Re: Can you use a 16GB Micro SD on the view?

Yes. I am currently running one on the 32gig View. It works but has the same issues as any uSD card on the View. That is, database rebuild on every power on and multiple song names after the rebuild. Hopefully, Sandisk will issue a new firmware to correct the uSD issues as well as a few others.

Happy Holidays,

Larry

Highlighted

Thanks!
Highlighted

Here's my question to Sandisk's customer support:

Ive read a little bit of information on the different transfer rates of class 2, 4, and 6 sdhc memory cards and was wondering what class this device supports. Why does this information not appear in the manual or the website? Ive searched through sansas forums and have not found it either. Does any consumer product that supports sdhc memory cards (mini, micro, and/or regular) support the transfer rate of class 6? Thank you, xxxxxxxx

And their response:

Hello xxxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

Please be informed that the Sansa View supports all of the classes of the microSDHC cards since the classes only indicates the minimum transfer speed that the cards could handle. Also the devices that normally require the class are the HD cameras since it needs to capture images fast.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,
Edward M.
SanDisk Technical Support 

My follow-up question:

What I am worried about is watching video on the sansa view. I was hoping to watch video from the memory card and wondering if the class speed would cause any video playback problems such as studdering. Would I see any difference between class 2 and 6? Also, what is the maximum size sdhc memory card the 16gb view can utilize?

And their response:

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting SanDisk Technical support.

Please be informed that there is no issues we have on the video playback from the card. Also the highest capacity microSD card supported by the view is a 16 GB microSDHC card.

Should you have any other concern with our products, please reply to this email.

Best regards,
Edward M.
SanDisk Technical Support

I hope thats a more "official" answer in case you were looking for one.