Highlighted

Can't get off SanDisk screen

I have a Sansa View Video MP3 Player 16GB.It is about 4 months old.It was working fine till about 2 days ago.When I turn the device on,it only says SanDisk sansa.It doesn't change screens.I am new to this.I don't know how to reset or anything.Can anyone walk me through this.I can't even recharge the battery.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Can't get off SanDisk screen

There are a couple things you can try.

Slide the Power switch up and keep holding it there for 20 seconds. After releasing it, slide it up briefly, let go, and it should start up normally this time.

Another reset method would be to hold the Menu button pushed in while sliding the Power switch up for about 5 seconds. The display should then show "System Shutting Down". When you try to turn it on again (after this method) it may ask you to select your language, and should be back to working normally again. Well, about as normal as the horribly bad View firmware works anyway.

It's really sad that SanDisk just does not seem to want to put out any newer firmware to fix the remaining problems the View has.

Highlighted

I tried both suggestions,with no improvement. I have no problem turning on and off,just can't get off Sandisk screen.Thanks so much for the suggestions.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

connect to your computer and format the drive. If nothing changes then reload the firmware