Highlighted

Can't find downloaded audio book on my Sansa View

I downloaded an audio book from audible.com. It plays fine on my Windows Media Player. I also used Window Media Player to "sync" this book to my Sansa View and Windows Media Player said the sync is complete and I can now disconnect my Sansa View. So I disconnected the Sansa View and tried to listen to this book on it, but I CANNOT FIND this book on the Sansa View! Would appreciate any help. It costs good money to download a long book from audible.com and I downloaded this book particularly to put it on my Sansa View to take in my car.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Can't find downloaded audio book on my Sansa View

I could be wrong, but I believe you have to use Audible's software to download and transfer their books to your player, not WMP. That might be your problem.

Also try looking under Music, not the Audio Book listing on your View. If there's an 'Unknown' listing and you find the book in there, that means the ID3 tags are jacked up so your View can't find it. You'll have to edit the tags.

Highlighted

FOUND THE ANSWER!  I called SansaDisk tech support. They were very helpful. (What a surprise! And they even spoke English like a native speaker!) You have to connect the Sansa View to the computer, go to audible's window which will guide you finding the Sansa View so it will always be recognized from now on by you computer. They the tech person guides you on how to right-click each book you downloaded and have it put into you player (in my case Sansa View) window. Magic! Now I can play the book in my Sansa View. 

I could NEVER have figured all this out by myself. (And I'm retired programmer! Oh well, age has caught up with me.) 

Highlighted