Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Battery on the View

Battery life is depend on what you do to the player and what content its playing. Sandisk state that it tested with default setting with 128kb mp3.
Highlighted

The 8 and 16GB Sansa View are the beginings of a new product line to include a 32-bit version
eventually. Sansa execs can't be so stupid as to make it into a dead end product because the battery
cannot be replaced. If so, they should take a look at Ed Sander's career at Motorola. If they want to take on the Nano,
then the view has to be less proprietary. Eventually there will be a plan.

Battery Life Claim of 35 hours - no way - perhaps in pause
But one should get 1/2 that if there is any validity to the claim at all.
Highlighted

You guys are lucky with your battery life!!   I bought the Sansa View 16gig.  in early December.  Best battery life I got was maybe 2 hours.  The battery would drain even when I didn't use it!  If I fully charged it at night and then unplugged it and then tried to use it the next day it was almost dead.  I went and exchanged it for a new one.  This one is a little better.  I get about 6 hours of play time and the batter still drains a little bit when it is off.   What the hell is this 35 hours of play time about???   I thinking about either exchaning it again or giving up on Sansa!  I do play the music at 224k.   Would that really kill the battery life??

Anyone else experiencing terrible battery performance??

Bob
Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Initially I was very disappointed with the battery life, but this improved substantially after about the 4th recharge. I am seeing around 25 hours, maybe a lttle more, intermittent play of mp3s (mainly encoded at 160k) over a week.

However, the remaining problem I have is that having an SDHC card in the slot drains the battery much faster: That 25+ hours drops to less than 10. I am having to live with whatever the view can hold in its internal memory.

The battery gauge isn't very good, either.

By the way, the main thread about the battery is this one.

John

Message Edited by JohnRatsey on 01-27-2008 04:33 AM
Highlighted

Yes I charged mine all the way and kept it off for 1 day, turned it on and it was almost completely out! Called tech service and downloaded the new firmware and it STILL happens.Smiley Sad ...well thats $200 down the drain.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Return it for a replacement!
Highlighted

Quick question guys. How do i revert back to the ORIGINAL firmware that comes with the sansa. I did an upgrade last night and my battery life is just rubbish.
Highlighted

My battery life is down to roughly 6 hours after I installed the 1.02.09 firmware. It used to last at least 2 days of continuous use for about 7-8 hours per day. Now it won’t make it through a single day at work! I am going to revert back to the old firmware 1.01.06a hopefully it fixes it back to how it was.

Sansa View 16GB

Virmware 1.02.09a

Highlighted

ii currently have the 01.03.02A version of the view and was wondering if it would be worth it to down grade cause ive read about all the bugs with it but the battery life is driving me crazy
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I had to back down to 1.06 or something like that to have any kind of bettery life at all.  I was getting like 10 - 12 hours with the most recent firmware.  I only got about 18 - 20 with the older version, but it was almost 50% better.