Highlighted

Re: Battery on the View

I use both firmwares.

I use the 1.03.02 FW most of the time because I get better video playback results, but switch to the 01.01.06 FW when I need better battery life if I'm going backpacking, etc. and will be away from a recharge for awhile.

In my tests on my 16G View, with the 1.03.02 FW, my battery indicator showed half full after approximately 20 hours. However it quickly went to one quarter at about 22 hours and died at around 24-25. This was with a full (overnight) charge on an AC charger, a continuous loop of mp3's at 128 Kbps, volume at 50%, and screen brightness at its lowest setting (and only using that to check it every few hours).

I was told by Sansa Tech support that the battery is not replaceable and I cannot get mine to charge (even overnight).

Tech Support suggested we buy a new one, well, that's too much money for a disposable product in my opinion!

For all the people that still have a view or are planning to buy another one, Here are instructions on taking the player apart, cleaning the wheel, replacing the battery and screen, and main flash memory chips:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34095

The battery is replaceable. I ordered a replacement from a company in Hong Kong off ebay (link on anythingbutipod thread above), took ten days to ship to me but the total cost was only ~$14.50!

I just got it today (1/22/2010, installed it, and voila! working view with decent battery life once again =)

Hope this helps anyone that's still trudging the forums for answers to this too-long-unanswered dillema.

eljonny