Re: Any update on new firmware?

Lzellberg wrote for the zillionsth time:

The internet is serious business. How is the firmware coming along?

Do you really think you can speed up anything by spamming this forum?

All this does is annoy those people who would in principle agree with your position (there should be new firmware), but not the form you are doing this.

Just knock it off. Please.
SanDisk Guru

There was even some sort of petition thing going on, that nobody wanted to back up. If everyone stands alone on the various issue, it wont be taken seriously.

Apart from that and with all due respect, your approach is both immature and annoying. You have been told on several occasions thats it is becomming a nuisance and not helpful in the slightest degree.

Great For Beginners:
How To Videos
FAQ's and Stickies
Any-Video-Converter

@Enigma wrote:

There was even some sort of petition thing going on, that nobody wanted to back up. If everyone stands alone on the various issue, it wont be taken seriously.

Apart from that and with all due respect, your approach is both immature and annoying. You have been told on several occasions thats it is becomming a nuisance and not helpful in the slightest degree.

I completely agree, and I would add, what else do you have going on in your life? Speaking personally, my View takes up a very small spot in my life. And, by the way, it is working well!
SanDisk User

@Enigma wrote:

Thank you for your valuable contribution to the internet. You don't even have a View, and yet you are so helpful with this information that I have quoted. From my heart I thank you and wish you the best in life and hopefully one day all of your dreams will be fulfilled. Also, hopefully one day I will have working firmware.
SanDisk User

@gwoodard wrote:
I completely agree, and I would add, what else do you have going on in your life? Speaking personally, my View takes up a very small spot in my life. And, by the way, it is working well!
Well chum I am a bit of a music geek and I take it quite seriously, but thank you for your input, it helps to know that there are friendly people out there like you to make the sun shine a bit brighter.
SanDisk User

@HuHa wrote:

Do you really think you can speed up anything by spamming this forum?

All this does is annoy those people who would in principle agree with your position (there should be new firmware), but not the form you are doing this.

Just knock it off. Please.
 Serious business here. Sorry that you take offense to the needs of those of use who have an incorrectly functioning unit.  Keep up the fine work.
SanDisk Fanatic

I have been more then fair about this. And now we continue where we left off. I recieve more complaints about your behavior then I do complaints about firmware. Thankfully, that is an issues I can remedy instantly.

Thank you in advance any valuable feedback you have provided.

----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team
Highlighted

In reading this, I get the point that it has become a spamming issue and counter productive. I believe he is just trying to use the 'squeaky wheel gets the grease' approach and it has gone too far ... agreed, but hence my question ...

Is this a sound board where the moderators answer what they can? or do complaints actually make it back to support for consideration?

I saw your above post about more is better than 1 when registering a complaint, so that leads me to believe there is some sort of interaction with support.

Does a petition have to be signed (other thread you mentioned) to get results?

I am not trying to push buttons here, but I would like to know that if I complain about the firmware on THIS board, does it stop here or does support become aware of the problem and consider it for future updates?

I am really hoping that Sansa will become one of the best MP3 options available, but is seems that simple requests concerning basic features are ignored unless a petition is created, or that is what I take from this.

All in all, I am happy with the player. There are a few things that I think would make the player much easier to use. I do not consider these new features, but simple features on creating a user friendly device. Hopefully this is the goal after the bugs are worked out.

Regards,

Scott.

SanDisk Fanatic

Any complaints, issues, or concerns with firmware should first pass by SanDisk. Give SanDisk a chance to address any and all of your concerns by contacting 866.SanDisk or e-mailing Support@SanDisk.com.

Furthermore, as an avid user of mp3 players, I understand any and all concerns. With that in mind, I do what I can to extend a helping hand when issues are not addressed. Although I am personaly not responsible for firmware updates, it is still within my power to bring up the popular issues brought up on this forum to the parties involved.

The feedback has been given to the appropriate parties, and we are simply awaiting firmware. We currently have no ETA, or a list of "what is" going to be fixed.

If you, or anyone, feels this is unsatisfactory, believe me when I say that I understand. And I encourage you to help me get this message across by bringing all these complaints in one uniform voice.

Again, to do this, call SanDisk (866.SanDisk) or e-mail (support@sandisk.com) and first give SanDisk the chance to address any nd all concerns. If the issue is unable to be solved and is then documented as a firmware related issue, it will be noted so in the case notes. From there, make a post on the forum (all users posting in one uniform thread), stating that are running into firmware limitations, with a case number.

Creating a template for such a occasion would not be a bad idea.

----------------------------------------------------
Best Regards,
Sansa Mod. Team

@HuHa wrote:
It doesn't crash (*), so what do you expect?

From what I saw from the firmware, I don't expect any revolutionary changes anytime soon. The firmware fulfils the legal requirements. Well, yes, just barely, but it does. It doesn't look like SanDisk tries to excel with making the best possible firmware. That's a pity; the hardware would certainly be worth it.

I am not blaming the engineers. I am sure they are doing their best. But I also know that they can only do as much as available manpower and milestones for other projects allow, and there is always a next product in the queue, and management and marketing are always eager to push that one, not existing products. Lovingly taking care of existing products (i.e. providing firmware with new features and fixing non-critical bugs, too) is something that very few companies like to afford. That's a sad fact of modern life.

(*) Not all the time, at least. Or not immediately.
Sad but true... I really had high hopes for the view, but seeing how this whole mess is handled, my next player wont be a Sansa, thats for sure... or the one after that... Its just frustrating.