Highlighted

Album Art Embedded Into an MP3 Showing Up On All Artists Of the Same Letter

I have a 16 GB View, Windows XP Pro, SP2, using Windows Explorer for transfer.

A series of mp3's I downloaded (all from the same artist) have album art embedded in them. The problem is, the album art keeps showing up with every artist in the same letter! (Think I read about this in a bug topic somewhere, actually.)

Now, for organizational purposes, I kept all my music in folders, and transferred them to the View in that manner. Basically, they're set up like this: Music/M/McLachlin, Sarah - Possession.mp3.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with transferring everything in by the folder (I used D&D with each individual folder, to save myself time), as opposed to individual songs. If it's just a matter of transferring those songs with embedded art in them separately from the other songs in the folder, I can handle that small part. If not, I'd like to just throw the baby out with the bathwater and try to get rid of the album art on the songs in that album. It seems like a minor gripe, I know, but it's just aggravating to me.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Album Art Embedded Into an MP3 Showing Up On All Artists Of the Same Letter

I have no idea.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Re: Album Art Embedded Into an MP3 Showing Up On All Artists Of the Same Letter

My experience:

Lets say you have artist A with 2 albums A1, A2, A3 on your view; A1 has album art AA1, A3 has album art AA3, album art for A2 is missing.

When scrolling down you get:

AA1 shown for A1, AA1 for A2 and AA3 for A3

Scrolling back to the top of the list you get:

AA3 shown for A3, AA3 shown for A2 and AA1 shown for A1

Thats why my software copies a dummy art file for every album w/o own art file when syncing music with my view (in MSC mode).