Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Re: ALL VIEW OWNERS AND SANSA WORKERS READ THIS

The AV cable is great with the View. I used to need to convert and burn all my videos to DVD, or have a long wire run trough my living room from my computer to my TV in order to watch stuff. Its much simpler putting my movies on the View. By the way, I haven't noticed that much difference between 320 x 240 and 640 x 480... The output is probably not good enough for the difference to show (but it still looks ok!)...

V.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

As if on cue, my View died shortly after the warranty expired.   I never mistreated it, and in fact was really started to get used to using it more, when it suffered what at most is akin to a minor bump - while IN the not so cheap "protective" case Sansa also sells for it.

White screen of death.   Since I don't have the receipt and I'm pretty sure warranty was up I opened it..  Nothing I could do to fix it.  LCD apparantly just junked out..  a $175 PAPER WEIGHT.   What really irks me is when something I have done nothing to abuse in any way just so easily dies, after over a year of working - just after the warranty expires.   I could have bought a Fuze for $90 or on sale for less somewhere probably, but I said screw it..   My income is very precious and I sucked it up and bought an Ipod Classic 120gb.   Even plays MP3's the view wouldn't.   No album art issues,  and don't have to worry that I'm gonna wake up tomorrow and its magically going to stop working for no reason.

Hate to leave Sansa, but the View forum in particular is very telling on how they treat their customers and support less than stellar not-so-new-but-not-old-yet  products.   

Highlighted

What format and settings are you using? When I try to play movies on my tv the picture is scrunched and pixel-lated.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Search the forums for the exact resolution you should use.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

@TulareDust wrote:
What format and settings are you using? When I try to play movies on my tv the picture is scrunched and pixel-lated.

Standard def TV is 4:3 aspect ratio, so the best resolutions to use are either 320 x 240 or 640 x 480.

If you use Any Video Converter and the original video is not 4:3 aspect, then you will also need to change the Options settings under the Video tab so that all of these are marked:

DirectX

Fit to width

Expand to video size

Round to 16 pixels

Also, if the original video is of low quality then it will always end up looking worse when enlarged on a TV. The higher the resolution and quality of the original video, the better it will look on the TV. Since most videos from places like YouTube are very poor quality to start with don't expect them to look very good on a TV.

Highlighted

Thanks for the info. I am going to play around with it some moreSmiley Happy
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Does any one know where to get full length movie downloads for the view

Highlighted

This is from june 2007 but hey? Anyone hear anything better?

http://portableaudio.engadget.com/2007/06/01/sandisk-puts-sansa-view-on-ice/

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
I think that article is about the previously planned big screen View design that Sansa later gave up on. They decided on the current design instead, although I would have liked the big screen more.
Message Edited by vdex34 on 05-18-2009 03:58 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Sansa needs to fix the problems with the players now instead of making a new one