Re: ALL VIEW OWNERS AND SANSA WORKERS READ THIS

They just upgraded the Sansa Fuze :smileysad:

I'm giving up. SanDisk sucks big time.

OK, guess I'll have to return the View I just ordered!!!
SanDisk Senior User

[ Edited ]

@vancho17 wrote:

They just upgraded the Sansa Fuze :smileysad:

I'm giving up. SanDisk sucks big time.

They need to Smiley Surprised work on the views not fuze. Fuze is already good they need to work on the things that have sucky reviews

A warning!  Watch the language, folks.  We must keep it civil.  -µsansa

Message Edited by microsansa on 04-19-2009 08:02 AM
SanDisk Senior User

SanDisk Guru

@Pahunter wrote:

check it out view owners

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=25193&view=by_date_ascend...

You're proud of this?

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

Highlighted

I can't see that lending our plight much assistance.

SanDisk Guru

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-sansa-view-video-player-sandisk-sansa-view-8gb-pocket-video/q/loc/11...

I know this is an old picture, but it surfaced today here.....I wonder what you would actually get if you clicked "buy" ?

2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Fanatic

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-sansa-view-video-player-sandisk-sansa-view-8gb-pocket-video/q/loc/11...

I know this is an old picture, but it surfaced today here.....I wonder what you would actually get if you clicked "buy" ?

Well, don't know what the buy link might do, but it says "Ships from and sold by RitzCamera" so I've sent an e-mail to them asking if they actually still even have any of them. Would seem rather doubtfull that they would have. Even if they did, the firmware on it is probably horribly buggy and not very usable.

Anyway, that's the original View that SanDisk had shown at CES back in 2007 (I think). In all honesty I would have kind of liked one with a 4" screen instead of the smaller model they changed over to making. But, apparently SanDisk felt the public wanted smaller portable devices instead.

I've never understood why anyone would want to watch a long video (or DVD movie) on a tiny 2.5" (or smaller) screen. For that kind of usage I'd want something up at least in the 5" to 7" size range.

SanDisk Guru

@miltst wrote:

@Marvin_Martian wrote:

Well, don't know what the buy link might do, but it says "Ships from and sold by RitzCamera" so I've sent an e-mail to them asking if they actually still even have any of them. Would seem rather doubtfull that they would have. Even if they did, the firmware on it is probably horribly buggy and not very usable.

Anyway, that's the original View that SanDisk had shown at CES back in 2007 (I think). In all honesty I would have kind of liked one with a 4" screen instead of the smaller model they changed over to making. But, apparently SanDisk felt the public wanted smaller portable devices instead.

I've never understood why anyone would want to watch a long video (or DVD movie) on a tiny 2.5" (or smaller) screen. For that kind of usage I'd want something up at least in the 5" to 7" size range.

I knew I had seen it somewhere before, but I could not for the life of me remember where.  And I completely agree with you on watching long videos on small screens.....longest I ever watched on my Fuze was about 20 minutes.

SanDisk Fanatic

Normally I only put short music videos on it. Most video podcasts are way to long to watch on such a small screen.

However, I did try a couple of Star Trek episodes I had recorded from TV (with SageTV, which is fantastic btw). I converted the MPEG-2 videos to MP4 h.264 320 x 240 with Any Video Converter.

I just wanted to find out if the sound would get out of sync on something long. Surprisingly it played those Star Trek shows very well all the way thru. So, no I'm thinking about getting a video out cable to connect to a TV so I can show a few things to other people more easily (instead of just on the tiny screen). I may have to convert things to a higher resolution like 640 x 480 though for them to look good on a TV. Don't know for sure yet (at least not until I get the video out cable to try it).