Highlighted

16GB View startup time ~8-10 minutes

I was using an older firmware (.03 I believe) but have upgraded to the .09.  STILL having the same problems.  It will sit on the startup screen for nearly 10 minutes, then it will say 'refreshing database' for a good 1-2 minutes.

Once it has loaded, I can play 2-3 songs and then it will freeze.  This is VERY frustrating!

Is there a fix for this??  Can I completely wipe out everything and somehow start over??

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: 16GB View startup time ~8-10 minutes

Not that I know of.
Highlighted

im confirming this phenomenon - i have 8 gb view, i had athe same problem. i noticed that the startup time gets longer as much as i add songs.

side effects im not sure that are related : cant completly shutdown (with power off button)-after it i have to hold the power button for 10 seconds so i will be able to power on.

my view is getting into "locked" state randomly , without having me turn the button to lock state.

my battery is draining super fast- i can have like 3 hours of music.

the thing i did to solve your problem:

format in mpt mode, go to msc mode,format in msc

then you can put your music  in msc mode, and it works without delays (although if you use expanstion card as i understand, you will still have delay in the "refreshing database" part, but quicker)

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@devilh wrote:

the thing i did to solve your problem:

format in mpt mode, go to msc mode,format in msc

then you can put your music  in msc mode, and it works without delays (although if you use expanstion card as i understand, you will still have delay in the "refreshing database" part, but quicker)

What seems to cause the most problems is using a mix of MSC and MTP ... if you stick exclusively with one or ther other, your results are generally better.  From my experience, MTP mode is the most reliable for eliminating the database refreshing AND file duplication issues.  But, not everyone likes MTP.