1 question: Will Sandisk be issuing a firmware update for the View?

I just purchased a Sansa View 32gb, and I'd like to know if Sandisk will issue another fw update, or should I just return it and call it a day? If they've decided not to support this product any longer I'll just send it back.

Any response form a mod would be greatly appriciated, thanks!!!

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: 1 question: Will Sandisk be issuing a firmware update for the View?

Im no mod but I will throw what I know into the ring. SanDisk has not made any press releases regarding the View one way or the other, but the common belief amongst users is that the player has been discontinued. Sandisk has not issued a firmware update in aprox. a year, but they have not said that development has stopped either. Most View owners are waiting for Rockbox which is a third party firmware developer to release a firmware for the View.

Conversion Box
Did you notice this forum has a search function? Its not impossible to figure that someone else asked your question before you did, and we have answered it(probably multiple times). Check it out! Or Check out the Knowledge Base

I wish they'd just come out and say it if so. Hell, they just added folder-view browsing to the Fuze for crying out loud.

Can we expect another firmware update before the universe reaches maximum entropy?

SanDisk User

Don't hold you breath for this one I don't think it will happen. I'm really really really tired of bitching for an update.
SanDisk Professor

I"m also waiting. However, I also have a Sansa Fuze and that's been great, but the View is just...whatever.

Thanks for the answers people. I'll be returning the view, and I'll settle for a clip (which is a much better purchase IMO). I'm going to see if my local Walmart still has them for $50, so wish me luck. And, once again, thanks!!!