Highlighted

Re: 1.02.09A!!!

in my opinion updating to 1.02.09A didnt fix any of my shuffle/freeze problems I had no other problems but what it did add was warm operating player (warm to the touch) and horrible battery run time (maybe 6hrs) so I reverted back to  1.01.06 and i got my battery run time to normal (about 3- 8 hr days) and cool operating but hasnt helped with the shuffle/freeze issue but it wouldnt of been fixed with that version of firmware
Highlighted

Apple wouldn't put out a product this buggy. I bought my 16GB view last january and it's been nothing but frustration. very buggy. this shouldn't go out the door in this condition and it's been 6 months and there is more that's been broken than fixed.

the only reason I bought view was because I was happy with my E260 which broke a month out of warranty and I also love my 2GB clip.

the way they see it is we're their **bleep**ing guineas.

I say no more.

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Here we go again, frustration since day one and expecting a firmware upgrade to fix it.  Let's see, OfficeMax says to return within 14 days, BestBuy within 30 days, Wal-Mart, not sure about, but they sell SanDisk, on some stuff it's 30 days other stuff is as long as 90 days.  But on this electronic stuff, they all have a period were you can return an electronic product if not satisifed, and if beyond that date, have to return it to the manufacture, some only offer a warranty of 90 days, the View comes with a one year limited warranty.

Feel that should have been written on the outside of the box, but for anything that cost over a hundred bucks, I just bring it back if it only has a 90 day warrantee, that is too short for minority current carrier migration to occur, in other words, an integrated circuit can crap out.  It does say on the outside of the box, that the battery is not replaceable.  Found it amusing about sound levels, didn't pull out my sound level meter yet, but experience tells me the View output is well below the 85 Db level, now if you plug in headphones in my 600 watt amplifier, that will blow your ears off, but no warning on that.

All these places sell some kind of maintenance plan if anything goes wrong with your device, including some where you lose it.  I don't go in for those as the product is usually obsolete and something twice as good at half the price comes out during that period, but do take care of my stuff as does my wife.  Finally convinced her to carry a zip lock bag.  Also in that sheet, have all kinds of information on SanDisk support, first one we got was defective, it went back, second one even running 06 is running perfectly with no problems, if that had problems, I am not as good as baseball where three strikes and you are out, two is enough for me and it would go back and would be looking for a different brand.

A lot of good stuff on this board, also a lot of gripping (To complain naggingly or petulantly; grumble.) when apparently no effort was made to read the materials that came with the unit or to take advantage of the support offered.

Still feel that SanDisk should have tossed in a two buck charger, but none of the MP3 players do that and a manual that explains MPS and MPT, but I knew it didn't come with the charger so immediately looked around for one.  The SanDisk is also worthless without a decent fully operational computer, I knew that as with any peripheral, but you can look at that photo of tomatoes, watch that BBC video and listen to a couple of songs that came preloaded.

Also feel that SanDisk should have their own supporting software, they are getting into a lot of trouble by depending on someone else, but also knew that before my time limit was up before returning it to the store where I purchased it.

Just saying, if you are having problems, can only blame yourself, if there is misrepresentation on the part of SanDisk or anyother manufacturer, then you have a gripe, but take it up with the manufacturer, not on a board.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

@NickD wrote:

Just saying, if you are having problems, can only blame yourself, if there is misrepresentation on the part of SanDisk or anyother manufacturer, then you have a gripe, but take it up with the manufacturer, not on a board.

*psst* this is the manufacturers board.
Highlighted

My new 8gig View says it has version 01.00.03A and it seems to be working fine (used music-mp3 and photo only so far).  The battery seems to die faster than I would like so I do the system shutdown thing when I turn it off.  The battery was dead in the package when I got it.

I am wondereing if I should update and what version I should update to.  I don't need even more battery problems.
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

kerock:
http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=view&thread.id=851

Highlighted

Thanks....shadow now I have 01.01.06, now the question is to stay with 01.01.06 or upgrade to 01.02.09A.  I think I stay with 01.01.06 for a while........
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

kerock, if you care about your battery life, you'll stick to .06.
09A messes up battery life something aweful, all two or three times they've released it.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

@shadow98fl wrote:

something aweful

lol 5 golden manbabies goon sir
Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

?
I didn't realize I misspelled before I sent.
awful. Smiley Wink That better?