SanDisk Senior User

01.02.09 Firmware Statement

SanDisk has pulled back the 1.02.09 firmware off the forum until further testing is completed.  SanDisk wants to ensure that any new firmware being released will improve the overall function and behavior of your Sansa View.  If you have already installed the 1.02.09 firmware, then please provide any feedback that you may have.  If you experience issues with the 1.02.09 firmware, then you can revert back to the previous firmware, 1.01.06, which can be found by clicking on the forum link below.  SanDisk hopes to have further updates next week regarding the new View firmware.

Sansa View 01.01.06 Firmware Download

SanDisk Senior User

Re: 01.02.09 Firmware Statement

Album art still has issues in 1.02.09, relating to shuffle being on. The player locks up at times, this also seems related to shuffle but that's only a wild guess. The lock up solves itself after a few moments like 1.01.06.
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." -Galileo Galilei
SanDisk User

Ditto what Aircraftkiller said. Still some problems with album art, and shuffle mode will cause delays in response.

On the plus side eq is being retained now after shutoff.Man Very Happy...

Ply
Highlighted

The day I spent with this firmware, I noticed a majority of my videos suddenly became an 'unsupported format'. When I reverted back to .06, they would play again. Also this version seemed a little more prone to seizures.

And kudos to you for staying on top of quality issues. Better to 'fess up and pull a problematic firmware than just say nothing, and at least reverting is simple.

for other problems.....this firmware still is not able to allow us to delete artists or albums.....only songs can be deleted....the battery life is a misery and it freezes a lot

Was playing mine for about an  hour, and it just rebooted out of the blue, full battery too. Think I will go back to 06 for now

-the bug where the last played option will cause audio playback instability(freezes the player or makes skipping track very slow) there are some hanging when changing songs, but it does not happen to frequently. 
-Battery life is also bad, can not even get 20 hour with no micro SD, and backlight set to the lowest possible. 
-somtimes, album art does not display although I do not know how to reproduce this bug
-at times, when doing a cold reboot, the player does not remember where I last left off
-Audio book and video/audio podcast needs bookmarking options
-I am considering no acellerated scrolling a bug because scrolling through 16GB of music with no acellerated scrolling takes too long.
-Gapless Playbak was promised to us during the laurnch spec, but up til now, it is still not implimented, and it was one of the deciding factor of buying this player(for me). 

SanDisk User

the new firmware has made my freezing issues on shuffle all a little less, but it still happens.  Also, the screen seems to shutdown at odd times.

SanDisk Senior User

It's not like my life depends upon having a working View, if things really get rough, can resort back to my portable CD player loaded with MP3 files, or should I say, my wife's.  For me, I can whistle or hum at least for a couple of weeks, even try to sing, but that makes my dog howl.  I thought I had the worse voice in the world, you should hear his.

My insignificant vote is to take your time and get it right, causes a lot more frustration when dealing with more bugs.  Very typical in the software world, cure one problem and create two more as in most engineering fields.  I feel most of us can wait.  Well, maybe not my step daughter, can't even walk out to the mail box without her player.

playlists are still capped at 500 items, still no good for some of my playlists.  it seems to work ok for me apart from that