will headphone jack connection wear out?

@marvin_martian wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

I, for one use a ‘headphone extension cord’ or jack that I leave plugged into the player 24/7/365.

Only time will tell if SanDisk made sufficient improvements in design and manufacturing to prevent this from happening with the Fuze. I would advise caution and common sense. :wink:

Does this “extension cord” allow you to plug in either your wall charger, or USB cable, and remove it after?

Oooops . . . Busted! You caught me dozing again. :wink:

I was of course, referring to my e200 series players with the extension cord (you can also use a right-angle plug from Radio Shack).

The Fuze as you correctly point out, has it’s jack located on the bottom alongside an offset 30-pin connector port. This prevents the use of such an intermediary adaptor and requires constant plugging/unplugging of the earphone cord.

A bad design in the Fuze as far as I am concerned. Why would you want the jack on the bottom anyway? I certainly hope SanDisk has fixed the un-supported and un-soldered jack problem prelevant on the ‘E’ series, and that this is no longer the weak link in the system.