we can port viruses to the fuze?

If a virus got into my fuze what should i do?Will formatting solve the problem?

Thanks,

SR 

@sr_rox wrote:

If a virus got into my fuze what should i do?Will formatting solve the problem?

Thanks,

SR 

ust use the fuzes internal delete function if it will boot up. If not plug it in and delete it from the fuze directly, in “My Computer” Just dont copy it to the computer.

Maybe anyatui is a virus   Run away, Run away!

Message Edited by Marvin_Martian on 03-28-2009 02:28 AM

You know the phrase, “There’s no such thing as a stupid question?”

I disagree.

I think he has to try a little harder to become a comedian.:smiley:

If you really want a virus, you can always use a good ol’ drill bit, although a simple splash of water should do the trick.

You can carry a virus on a fuze, but it won’t affect the MP3 player at all, since the virus isn’t written to work on the MP3 Player, only on a computer that is the correct OS, or version of the OS.

Virus W32.Downadup can infect usb keys it’s set to go off April 1. know one knows, what it will do. isn’t the fuse just that a usb key… if there was such a virus on your Mp3 player. A in player reformat should wipe it out. I worry about such things when I first buy a usb mp3 player and thats the first thing I do before ever plugging in such a device into my system. you hear about picture frames being sold at best buy with virus on them. from time to time it happens.

That w32.downadup only works if autorun is on for all your usb devices. good idea to learn how to turn that off.

Message Edited by jarrycanada on 03-29-2009 11:52 AM

A good antivirus software that’s up-to-date and updating Windows is always a good idea.  I scan everything I download with my antivirus software before installing.

Or if you don’t want to worry about viruses you could always switch to a linux based OS, like Fedora or Kubuntu.  

but really virus are just… impolite, don’t mess with 'em!

Even without this lastest threat, an infected computer is a major headache.  I heard of someone who had their computer frozen by a virus and everything they tried, even taking it to a computer professional to get rid of it didn’t work.  A total system recovery was the only solution.  Even then, their computer still didn’t quite work right.

It made a Dell salesman happy, since they had to buy a new one.

@mags1230 wrote:

Even without this lastest threat, an infected computer is a major headache.  I heard of someone who had their computer frozen by a virus and everything they tried, even taking it to a computer professional to get rid of it didn’t work.  A total system recovery was the only solution.  Even then, their computer still didn’t quite work right.

As someone who does computer support on the side, and has done a lot of virus recovery I can tell you that lots of “virus issues” turn out to be bad memory. Especially when someone says that even after a total wipe and recovery it’s still not working right. 

@narf wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

As someone who does computer support on the side, and has done a lot of virus recovery I can tell you that lots of “virus issues” turn out to be bad memory. Especially when someone says that even after a total wipe and recovery it’s still not working right. 

I actually had my cmos chip go bad in a pc thought I had a virus, got it whiped, got a new HDD, new memory, I would up rebuilding the whole system before I figured it out.

narf is right about that, with tears running down my face… twice now I’ve had systems start acting funny and both times it’s been hard ware not virus. A lot of bad computer stores will write off system problems do to virus when infact it’s hardware that they can’t detect a problem with. The case of the mysterious phantom virus that no one can detect or ever find, that happens too often.

@juankawada wrote:

Or if you don’t want to worry about viruses you could always switch to a linux based OS, like Fedora or Kubuntu.  

but really virus are just… impolite, don’t mess with 'em!

Even then there’s a threat of being attacked on that OS, and also consider that probably that the majority of the viruses made for windows today are made from linux hackers. Well, I think… but yes Linux is a more secure OS, so yes you are safer there.

Well, therein lies the urban myth that the evil Linux users are attacking Windows.  The penguin is your friend.  I checked.  He’s NOT on the Do Not Fly list.  He’s not on the FBI Ten Most Wanted List either.

But he IS on dart boards at Microsift (hehe, I made an apropos typo there, so I’ll leave it!) .

To “hack” Windows’ vulnerabilities, you need to be playing with a Windows OS equipped machine.  Just as you need to use Metric tools on Metric hardware.

It makes sense to use Linux as a defense against virus attack, since the average hacker wants to attack the largest pool of PCs out there, and that is far easier using the bloatware we all know and love as Windows.

If you’re into a flailing Windows installation, Microsoft has done the footwork for you, simply install Vista.  If that’s not enough aggravation to adrenalize you, then step up to the 64 bit version for the true gamer’s experience in mind numbing permissions and incompatibilities.

I prefer to hold my OS updating enhusiasm to Windows XP, with Vista for device compatibility testing only.  I’m old school, sticking with the more reliable system, and “downgrading” Vista machines to XP Pro.  I have some cool Vista logos to snicker at.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by neutron_bob on 03-31-2009 07:23 AM

What’s with all the Vista hate? You’re right about the 32-bit version, that there is no need to upgrade, however the 64-bit version is well worth the money, especially since RAM  is so cheap these days. Even DDR3 went down!

@yelped wrote:
What’s with all the Vista hate?

My sister works for a company that is one of Microsoft’s big beta testers.  They regularly have senior MS software engineers on site for days/weeks, working with them to get their new products ready for release.  They’ve even had Mr. Ballmer there at least once.

My sister was having a chat with one of the company’s senior IT guys.  He said he had been talking to one of the aforementioned senior MS software engineers, and had asked when he thought they should move to Vista.  The MS guy said, “Oh, I think I’d wait a while before moving to Vistaster.”

Where’s the love?  Need something to love first.

i like the pic of the penguin smashing the butterfly. lol its so funny. how about the butterfly eating the apple?

@yelped wrote:
What’s with all the Vista hate?

Well, lets just say that Vista wasn’t one of Microsoft’s better Operating Systems…

I don’t remember when XP was released, but I think it went through the same things Vista did at launch. But once everyone got used to it, everybody loved XP, including me.

XP forever.