SanDisk Fanatic

Re: [v0.6] video4fuze

Mmm strange. Have you tested the portable version? (the download which is for windows but isn't a installer: it's an archive containing video4fuze, and you can extract it whereever you want and run video4fuze from there, whithout installing)

If it doesn't work, erase  your video4fuze configuration file. Where it is? well, it depends on your OS... "$HOME/.config/ssorgatem productions/video4fuze.ini" in decent OSes, otherwise it's somewhere under C:/Users/yourusername/Appdata or C:/Documents and settings/yourusername/ [google for the folder where application configuration is saved in your OS]

Tired of Sansa Media Converter? You want to put videos on your fuze but you can't use SMC? Then, check video4fuze

4Gb black fuze v2.02.26 + 8 Gb class 6 µSD
SanDisk Senior User

Read thru several threads and didn't see, or missed, any info about video4fuze and how it works on Win 7, 64 bit machines.

Anyone care to comment on this?

Also, can it run in batch mode?  by this I mean convert the input video file to an output video file which I can copy to the Fuze later using Windows Explorer. The video formats I'm interested in converting are WMV, AVI, FLV, and MP4.   These are supported by the native Win 7 Home Premium using WMP.

Also, I'm assuming that the video4fuze download is GUI and contains everything needed on my Win 7, 64 bit machine.  Is this correct?

SanDisk Guru

mikeinkaty wrote:

Read thru several threads and didn't see, or missed, any info about video4fuze and how it works on Win 7, 64 bit machines.

Also, can it run in batch mode?

Musta missed it. 1st post in this thread:

Features

* .pla playlist creation and edition for MSC mode! ATM it's a basic implementantion, but I might polish it a bit. These playlists can have files from both the internal memory and the µSD. Thanks to Dunny for providing me with all the information I needed about the .pla/.pla.refs file format :smileywink:

* Video batch conversion capability, with advanced customizable options, and video thumbnail generation (.thm file) and huge input format support

* Image batch conversion & resizing, in order to be displayable and fit the fuze's screen size, with huge input format support

* Fully translated into 3 languages (english, spanish, catalan). If you would like your language supported, read the end of the post

* Crossplatform: works on all major platforms, taking native look and feel ( I don't have a mac, so it's not tested on macosx, but it should work. Also, it won't take macosx's look and feel if you use qt4-x11(fink, darwinports) instead of qt4-mac)

SanDisk Fanatic

@mikeinkaty wrote:

Anyone care to comment on this?

Also, can it run in batch mode?  by this I mean convert the input video file to an output video file which I can copy to the Fuze later using Windows Explorer. The video formats I'm interested in converting are WMV, AVI, FLV, and MP4.   These are supported by the native Win 7 Home Premium using WMP.

Also, I'm assuming that the video4fuze download is GUI and contains everything needed on my Win 7, 64 bit machine.  Is this correct?

All those formats are supported (provided they are DRM-free).

Yes, if you download the installer or the portable archive, you'll have all you need to run it. It's compiled to 32-bit though, so it'll run under WoW64 in win64 systems, meaning you won't get all the performance you could from your machine (but if you're using windows that means performance isn't something you care much about, anyways).

Tired of Sansa Media Converter? You want to put videos on your fuze but you can't use SMC? Then, check video4fuze

SanDisk Senior User

Thanks SS.  I installed it and it went on fine.  Ran it and it created the new file in avi format.  Took me a while to figure out where the program put it though.  Haven't yet moved the file to the Fuze.  The mp4 input file was 9 meg and the output avi file was 13 meg.  I thought that was strange considering the much lower resolution of the created file.

Mike

SanDisk Fanatic

@mikeinkaty wrote:

Thanks SS.  I installed it and it went on fine.  Ran it and it created the new file in avi format.  Took me a while to figure out where the program put it though.  Haven't yet moved the file to the Fuze.  The mp4 input file was 9 meg and the output avi file was 13 meg.  I thought that was strange considering the much lower resolution of the created file.

Mike

Yeah, the video format the fuze accepts is pretty crappy...

You can set the output folder to whatever you want (with the button "Output folder")

I keep getting these messages when I try to convert a movie. I am using Windows 7 starter on a Asus Eee netbook.

[Window Title]
MEncoder

[Main Instruction]
MEncoder has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

---------------------------
Error
An error has ocurred: Command '[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'-ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'F:\\video\\The_Proposal_PORT_EN.wmv', '-o', 'c:\\users\\tds\\appdata\\local\\temp\\The_Proposal_PORT_EN.temp.avi']' returned non-zero exit status 255
OK   

Highlighted
SanDisk Senior User

Gees, I'm blind as a bat!  That button was right there staring me in the face!
SanDisk Fanatic

@coachtds wrote:
I keep getting these messages when I try to convert a movie. I am using Windows 7 starter on a Asus Eee netbook.

[Window Title]
MEncoder

[Main Instruction]
MEncoder has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

Error
An error has ocurred: Command '[u'mencoder', u'-msglevel', u'all=0:statusline=5', u'-ofps', u'20', u'-ovc', u'lavc', u'-lavcopts', u'vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=3:keyint=15', u'-vf', u'field,expand=:::::224/176,scale=224:176,harddup', u'-srate', u'44100', u'-af', u'resample=44100:0:1,format=s16le', u'-oac', u'mp3lame', u'-lameopts', u'cbr:br=128', 'F:\\video\\The_Proposal_PORT_EN.wmv', '-o', 'c:\\users\\tds\\appdata\\local\\temp\\The_Proposal_PORT_EN.temp.avi']' returned non-zero exit status 255
OK   

I see you're trying to convert a wmv file. Is it DRM-protected?

It is possible that it is DRM-protected (I'm not sure what that means). It is a digital copy.