[v0.4.1]video4fuze [Outdated]

I have also experimented a bit with different number-of-frames-per-index settings in AVIMux GUI. Sometimes a value lower than 4000 prevents the seek crashes, but sometimes not, and sometimes a lower value also causes the video to appear shorter on the fuze with the end cut off. Apparently this depends on the source video.

I think the problem is that AVIMux can’t create the OpenDML indexes in the same way SMC does. SMC inserts index chunks before the frame chunks that are referenced in it (the first two chunks in the movi list are video and audio index chunks), and each index chunk has exactly 4000 entries. AVIMux creates the indexes later in the file, with backward references. And the video index chunks have only roughly the 4000 entries you set. The audio index chunks are inserted together with the video index chunks, which means they have only half as much entries.

Even videos encoded using SMC and then remuxed using AVIMux cause seek crashes, which means there is definitely something wrong with the container format AVIMux creates, and not (or at least not only) with mencoder’s mpeg-4 encoding.

I’m trying to write a new remuxer now, but i don’t have much time for this next week so it might take a while. Or does anyone know an AVI muxer that gives you more control over where and how the OpenDML indexes are created?

Message Edited by earthcrosser on 02-15-2010 12:41 AM