[v0.4.1]video4fuze [Outdated]

hi, thanks for the reply and i didnt mean about how to fix your program, only about the error message i had.  it seems like it has been working good for most people here so i dont think its your program really lol. thanks for putting it out… anyways, i uninstalled SMC, v4Fuze, my k-lite mega codec pack, ran 3 different registry cleaners then reinstalled SMC, V4F, k-lite mega codec packs.  this time the when i hit the convert button the dos screen pops up and starts up mencoder and ffmpeg and what not… but then at the very end (i guess when its going to mux the video or something) i get this error message (see pic).  i guess its not recognizing the directory or wanting to create the file or something? seems like this might be something easy to get sorted out if i knew what i was doing.  not sure if it matters but im on hp hdx notebook/windows 7 ultimate (64 bit)/core2 quad cpu q9000/geforce9600/4gb ram  thanks alot for writing the program im sure i might eventually get it (or something working) i cant even get smc to accept any files after reencoding all files to 224x176 20 fps 500 bitrate and ive tried SUPER, media coder, xvid codec, divx codec, .mp4, mov, .wmv (i had .mov on media coder working for one file now SMC wont take those files anymore either lol… oh well  .

ssorgatem,

Thanks for coming up with this program.

I was having problems with the sound and video matching after converting videos with SMC. I downloaded video4fuze and was able to convert without that problem. Thanks.

The one bug I found while playing the video on the Fuze using video4fuze, is that when I fast forward the video stops at 3 min, 16 sec and goes back to the ‘Video List’. At that point if I re-select the video I was watching, it does not ask me if I want to ‘Resume Playback’ or ‘Start from the Beginning’. It just starts from the beginning.

If I let the video play at normal playback, it will play all the way through. If I stop the video during normal playback and go back to the video list, I do get the prompt asking if I want to ‘Resume Playback’ or ‘Start from the Beginning’. 

I am running Win XP SP2. I’ve tried this on video lengths from 5 min. to 2 hours. It also doesn’t seem to make a difference what format I am converting from.I have tried loading it into the 8gb internal memory as well as the 8gb transcend micro sc card.

I don’t know anything about writing code, but I bet it can get frustrating and time consuming.

Thanks for all your hard work and time putting this program together.

Wishing you and everyone on the board a great Holliday season.

Ring

I have MAC OS 10.4.  I ran Crossover for Mac which makes a kind of virtual WindowsXP environment in a “Bottle” where I ran the video4fuze.exe installer.  I successfully converted a video that was already an appropriate size for the Fuze, ie. dimensions 224x176, 20 fps, and the converter made a file that I dragged into the video folder of the Fuze, and it works well.  I am now attempting to convert a larger file to see if it forces the neccessary dimensions and so forth.

CrossOver is a trademark of CodeWeavers, Inc

Unfortunately, under these conditions, the buttons have no text, but the left one allows you to select a file to convert, the middle selects the destination, and the right one removes files from the list.  The one on the bottom initiates the conversion, subsequently a window appears showing the progress of the conversion until it finishes.  You can go to the output directory through a standard finder window and move/copy/manipulate the file.

I just finished converting a widescreen 600MB video file with this converter and it made a 317MB file doing an excellent job reducing the size to fit.  THe picture quality is very good, of course it is 317mb.  This conversion took about 10-15 minutes for movie of 1hr 17 min duration.   I am very impressed.

Message Edited by mightyfletch on 12-23-2009 08:20 AM

Hi, Ringwood -

I also posted regarding this problem.  If you read back you’ll see it’s a shared glitch.  Who knows if the root of the problem is in the Sansa’s brains or in the vid4fuze code or what.  There are so many moving parts involved in getting from Point A to Point B!

It’s not a deal-breaker for me.  It’d be great to have the problem go away, but until then I’m just thankful for a tool I can use in Linux or Windows.

BTW, how come you’re still running SP2 instead of SP3?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am always a little hesitant to do windows upgrade untill I know all the benifits. I just haven’t really looked into the benifits of SP3. Do you have any insite or advice in the differances between SP2 and SP3? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Happy holidays and Happy New Year.

Ring

Telkwa and Ringwood, I’ve run into the three minute problem on my v2 Fuz, but not on my v1. I use 2.02.26 and 1.02.28 respectively, as those are the newest clean firmware versions. I hope that the cleaned-up 2.02.28 is available soon.

Anyway, the same video gives me different results depending on Fuze firmware.

Great work!

i also found out something intresting, you can encode to 1000kbps bitrate and play it back on fuze, its only restricted to 20fps framerate

atm am playing a 1000kbps DX50 file with 64kbps mp3 audio, i also tested a 500kbps DX50 file with 64kbps audio to

both encoded with video4fuze 

Message Edited by wiak on 12-29-2009 12:40 AM

First of all, thanks a lot for this nice program ssorgatem. All videos I have thrown at it converted nicely and played well on my Fuze.

Please allow me to make a couple of suggestions/observations that would make v4f even better for me personally (all these apply to the Windows version):

• Provide a version without an installer. Just a zip would be fine. The installer adds little and for me has no added value.

• Don’t use the registry for storing your settings. An ini file in the application’s folder would work just as well.

• The vcredist_x86.exe in the installer leaves 24 (temporary) files in my system disks’s ‘root’. You must have included it for a reason, but this is fixed in the ‘2008 SP1’ package (which unfortunately is 4MB big now).

• Why are files created with v4f titled ‘boladedracz’? 

That’s all really. Great work and don’t take my remarks the wrong way :slight_smile:

@7o9 wrote:

First of all, thanks a lot for this nice program ssorgatem. All videos I have thrown at it converted nicely and played well on my Fuze.

Please allow me to make a couple of suggestions/observations that would make v4f even better for me personally (all these apply to the Windows version):

• Provide a version without an installer. Just a zip would be fine. The installer adds little and for me has no added value.
  • Don’t use the registry for storing your settings. An ini file in the application’s folder would work just as well.
  • The vcredist_x86.exe in the installer leaves 24 (temporary) files in my system disks’s ‘root’. You must have included it for a reason, but this is fixed in the ‘2008 SP1’ package (which unfortunately is 4MB big now).
  • Why are files created with v4f titled ‘boladedracz’? 

That’s all really. Great work and don’t take my remarks the wrong way :slight_smile:

Wow, that title issue really surprises me. I think I had a video named boladedracz.mp4 which was one of the first tests I threw at v4f. But I have no clue about how has it’s name been conserved… xD

Python 2.6 requires vcredist_x86 to be installed, so that’s why it is included.  I’ll look into including that newer version if it fixes that.

Using a INI file instead of using the registry is an easy one, shoulnd’t take more than10 lines of code. It already uses INI files on non-windows non-OSX OSes.

I already provide a version without installer, without python, without PyQt, without mencoder, without ffmpeg, without and well, just only v4f itself…  but I see that a zip like previous versions would be more useful ;).

Unfortunately I’m not having as many time these days as I had expected to, and therefore you shouldn’t expect any development until late january or early february (I’m having exams in january, so I practically won’t be a person until I’ve done them).

However, i encourage everyone to post any issue or suggestion for v4f in it’s issue tracker in googlecode, because there it’s far easier to track, sort, and see them.

Oh, and have a happy new year :wink:

Thank you for the very nice looking program ssorgatem. It seems to work well up until it needs to use AVIMux-GUI. The two mencoder passes work fine, but as soon as AVIMux-GUI starts up, my computer freezes completely (no CTRL+ALT+DEL, no screen updates at all). I first assumed that this was normal and would only last a couple of minutes to an hour at the most, but over 7 hours of waiting later (I was really desperate for Fuze videos), I finally had to force my computer into a hard shutdown by cutting the power because it was still frozen. However, when I use FormatFactory to convert my videos to the format specified by ewelot on another thread, then run AVIMux-GUI on my own and configure the settings before I start it, AVIMux-GUI finishes in under 30 seconds and the resulting file is fully playable on the Fuze. I would really like to use your video4fuze program to facilitate my video conversion. Do you have any thoughts on how to get your program and AVIMux to cooperate?

AVI-Mux has to be in Windows XP compatibility mode. It’s a Vista problem.

Given the fact that AVI-Mux works in vista only in XP compatibility mode says that its  a AVI-Mux problem :stuck_out_tongue:

But I’m running Windows XP SP3. And AVIMux runs fine without any Compatibility Mode on my computer when I execute it myself and manually choose the settings.

Alright. I had posted earlier about not being able to use video4fuze before and SMC. But i was able to get a movie onto the fuze today using video4fuze. The problem is with the second one i tried, Robots, It goes through it all and at the end i get an error code. It says, “Error code 123. The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.” Any ideas?

Hi

Could you please explain to me how use this software to convert music videos using my Mac on the Sansa Fuze. I have know idea where to start because I am not a computer geek. So, could you please explain step by by step how I can convert my music videos from iTunes? I have know idea where to start. I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

goss9 

Thank you.  Just…thank you.  I thought I was going to lose my freaking mind, then finally found video4fuze.  Well done.  :smiley:

Are the videos unDRMed?

if They are, here are the instructions.

Before you get started, check to see where the output folder is by pushing the output button, the desktop is an ideal location.

Step One.  Drag the videos you want to convert to the desktop

Step Two  Open Video4Fuze, and select open video button

Step Three.  Push the Convert button

Step Four.  Wait, then when it says, Convert Done, drag the output video to your fuze in the VIDEOS folder, and then enjoy

Sorry if these instructions are difficult to follow, i am somewhat of a Computer Geek, and i didn’t feel like starting up VPC. 

I just joined and thank you for finally allowing me to play vids. I do have an audio overlay problem though. It actually seems like the vid is a little faster than the audio or maybe it’s starting before the audio (I’ll research that). Is anyone available for help? Also, I apologize for hijacking. I need to find the post button instead of the reply…

Thanks for the step by step for the non tech folks like myself- but would it be too much trouble for you start from the beginning?  I mean from like from changing the DRM status (whatever that is?) that you referred to as beinging unDRMed?  I literally don’t know what the heck I am doing- I clicked on the video4fuze link and downloaded all four lines ( I don’t know what they are?) and I get the video4fuze page then I try to choose a file and I press convert and it says error 2- file cannot be located.  I’ve read through all the posts and I am still no where closer to putting video on my daughter’s Fuze.  Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Yes!   Please help us rookies.   God knows Sandisk isn’t any help, which is pretty rediculous that they refer their support system to the “community”…“How may I help you?”… “Ok, click this link and try to figure it out for yourself”.      “Have a nice day”.