usb connect to shelf systems

hey, i’m new so maybe i missed a post.  i just bought a samsung mm-c530d which is a shelf radio thingy and it has a usb port that i am supposed to be able to connect to.

but i can’t.  it sees notthing.  i’ve had my fuse for 3 years now and it works fine, but this connectivity thing ■■■■■.

any suggestions?

i also tried the “sansa clip” to it.

i was using the stock usb cord

Probably have to have your Fuze or Clip set to MSC mode.

tried that, mtp and auto.

tried another radio too.  same thing " no usb" 

has anyone have a radio with usb that works with this? 

Are you sure you’re pressing the right button on the radio unit when trying to play content from the player, like maybe AUX?

turn the volume up all the way on the fuze and then try it, and is there a usb button you need to press?

if it still does not work just play it through the Aux port

Your music probably needs to have been put on the Sansa in MSC mode. Was it? Or were you using MTP, which may mean that the Samsung can’t see any music?

Your music may need to be in the root directory of the Sansa, which is whatever the driveletter is. Not in a Music folder. Is it?

Have you tried contacting Samsung, or looking in a user forum? They’re the ones who should understand their connectivity settings.

@iammiguel wrote:

hey, i’m new so maybe i missed a post.  i just bought a samsung mm-c530d which is a shelf radio thingy and it has a usb port that i am supposed to be able to connect to.

i was using the stock usb cord

I just ‘googled’ this unit and saw on the manufacturer’s website that it is designed for an iPod, complete with cradle.

Hopefully the ‘stock USB cord’ you’re using is not one that comes with the unit made for the pod, as this can (and will) fry a non-pod player even though the plug may fit. The power is shunted through different pins.

As long as you are using the ‘Made For Sansa’ power cord and that is plugged into a standard (or mini) USB port on the Samsung unit, you should be OK.