Highlighted

too long

When i plug the fuze in my computer, with wi ndows media player, it wants to sync my whole library. And it takes foever....whats up with that?
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: too long

WMP is set (by default) to 'Automatic Sync'. You need to change it to manual or simply leave WMP out of the equation altogether and just drag & drop the files you want from your computer to your player.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

WMP Sux.
"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

fuze_owner-GB wrote:
WMP Sux.

And 'sync' stinks.

Smiley Tongue

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@Tapeworm wrote:

@fuze_owner-GB wrote:
WMP Sux.

And 'sync' stinks.

Smiley Tongue

Completely disagree.   Media Monkey works flawlessly in sync mode.  It's all about the design of the software. But, I'm sure there are plenty who disagree with my  viewpoint.... Heck, I even like MTP.......

"Before I sink into the big sleep...I want to hear the scream of the Butterfly"
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

fuze_owner-GB wrote:

Completely disagree.   Media Monkey works flawlessly in sync mode.  It's all about the design of the software. But, I'm sure there are plenty who disagree with my  viewpoint.... Heck, I even like MTP.......

Well, that's why there's 2 USB modes on these things. Different strokes for different folks as they used to say. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Windows Media Player an be thought of as an aircraft carrier with music on deck.  If you are trying to get into port, you'll need a few tugboats.

The Set Up Sync function can be your friend.  Check it out.  WiMP is trying to sync "all music", "all pictures", and "crappy TV shows from the 1960s" if you'll let it.  The double list that shows up in Set Up is a marvel of Microsoft: it is listed backwards, so pull the items off from the list on the right.

In any case, if using WiMP to transfer music, you can select "cancel" when the application asks of it can play with your Sansa automatically, and opt for manually selecting your music.

Bob  Smiley Wink